Houzz Logo Print
christy_mcdonald7697

Need help choosing between Sherwin- Williams and Glidden paint.

Looking at paint for walls that used to have wallpaper on them. I've only used the Walmart brand paint and hated it. The other half wants to use Glidden and I've heard good things about Sherwin- Williams. If you were deciding between these two brands which would you choose and why.

Commenti (23)

• PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 anni fa
    Well they both make crappy paint and good paint so if you compare the both make sure you compare equivalent paints Sherwin has super paint has great coverage as does duration Sherwin runs lots of sales glidden also makes good paint what colors are you finding sometimes its better to use the paint where you find the color you want
  • armygirl1987
    10 anni fa
    Agree huge differerences except that Glidden is Walmart and I think Home Depot, Sherwin William not so much.
  • PRO
    Rockin' Fine Finish
    10 anni fa
    Glidden is sold at Home Depot but its made by akzo Nobel which is a good company so it's a toss up I use very little glidden more Sherwin but with saying that I use other paint companies more than Sherwin
  • armygirl1987
    10 anni fa
    I agree to disagree with that as far as big box store, this time around I used Sherwin Willams on one wall but stuck with Home Depot for the previous wall. I used primer and paint and quite happy with the results. Also as far as getting closest to what I want to achieve Home Depot was better at matching than Sherwin Williams. Also for some people it is about money.
  • kimdee24
    10 anni fa
    Agreed with Wyland and Rockin'. I've never primed with BM -- I once covered over dark purple paint with a light taupe in two coats, no problems. And recently I painted a 14' x 11' tall bedroom wall and two hall niches and barely used half a can for all of it, two coats, full coverage.
  • PRO
    Cozy Casita
    10 anni fa
    The newer Clark and Kensington paint, sold at Ace Hardware stores has recent rave reviews. I can personally vouch for it, having been forced to use it due to Ace being the only store available in the village I moved to. It was fabulous to use and the best 'one coat coverage' I've ever experienced with a flat paint. I was painting over a very strange mix of surfaces, in a tiny cabin rental, that had been patched and repaired over and over since the 40's, when it was built.
    Couldn't have been happier with the results.
  • armygirl1987
    10 anni fa
    Buy what you like and what your budget can afford.
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    Hi Christy! I have worked for Sherwin-Williams for almost six years. I also worked for Frazee Paint for 4 years. First of all, what are you trying to achieve? We sell so many kinds of paint. Paint used in Apartments and paint used on the Hollywood Sign that last 50 years. It also depends how much you want to spend? What area do you live? Fill me in and I will guide you! I also have a Interior Design degree. I have sold ove 1 million in paints sales last year as a rep. So I think I can help you! I work with Professional painters and huge building owners every day.
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    We match paint everyday and do an outstanding job! We can match any brand...any color!
  • Ed
    10 anni fa
    Sherwin-Williams, I was looking for Sherwin-Williams SW7676 Paper Lantern here on Houzz, under your company's section, but could not find it ? The "closest numbers" I could find were -- SW6700, SW7566, and SW7689
    SW6700 Daybreak - Sherwin-Williams · Maggiori informazioni

SW7566 Westhighland White by Sherwin-Williams · Maggiori informazioni

SW7689 Row House Tan by Sherwin-Williams · Maggiori informazioni
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    Ed...you can go to our website and use the Visualizer. You can see the color there. https://www.sherwin-williams.com/visualizer/#
  • Ed
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    SW Paint, thank you for the Visualizer link! It's when I'd like to recommend SW7676 Paper Lantern to other Houzz browsers, it would be nice if I can post an exact link to that color, like the other SW color links above, on Houzz. Thanks. :)
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    Your Welcome Ed I Am a Commercial Sales representative for SW Paint and unfortunately don't work on the Color Design area. I dont know how to do that? I'm sorry. Thanks for using SW.
  • wanderbug
    10 anni fa
    Whichever brand you choose do not use their bottom of the line paint. Buy the best paint. There is no savings there as you will need more coats to get a nice finish. The lower-line paints also may not hold up as well long-term.
  • PRO
    Wyland Interior Design Center
    10 anni fa
    I agree with Sherwin Williams Paints. Yes, they can match any color that you need and are spot on! I have used them for custom colored matching too many times to count.
  • PRO
    Banchitta Contracting
    10 anni fa
    Can't go wrong with SW, but my go to paint is Muralo
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    Thanks Wyland Design. These are coupons once a month. Just text your zip code to 72468 to recieve text offers and discounts periodically.
    Our website has many great programs for everyone!
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    Never heard of that paint Paul and I have been in this business for 11 years! What state do you buy it? Sherwin-Williams is International. We will be in Canada & Mexico soon too.
  • PRO
    Banchitta Contracting
    10 anni fa
    Muralo is a small east coast brand ... Pretty easy to find in NYC , IMO their Ultra Waterborne paint is superior to BM Aura
  • Cindy Quinton
    10 anni fa
    I'm an SW fan, and I've never signed up for the tx messages. I got a $10 off of $50 coupon.
  • PRO
    Sherwin-Williams Paint
    10 anni fa
    It is for my contractors...but I thought I would let you in on it~
  • whahapn
    9 anni fa
    I am looking for the Honda Civic of paints...affordable and reliable all in one. I am flipping a house right now that has a lot of different colors and a lot stains. I am looking for the best price...number of coats vs labor to do multi-coats
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".