Houzz Logo Print
mlliebe

Need Raised Ranch Color Scheme Ideas!!

Mel R
8 anni fa
Ultima modifica:8 anni fa

Any ideas for new siding and shutter colors?

Commenti (15)

• apple_pie_order
    8 anni fa

What color is the roof?

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Black

• Jennifer K
    8 anni fa

I think the house would look nice in tan and blue like this:

• emmarene9
    8 anni fa

Please paint out the grid on your garage door. It is unsightly.

• mcl1232
    8 anni fa
    I think your roof would benefit from a product called Spray & Forget roof cleaner. It is an amazing product.
  • mcl1232
    8 anni fa
    I would look to replace the garage door. A worthwhile replacement which adds so much to the front of the house.
  • housegal200
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Grapefruit's gray siding/foundation and new dark red door suggestions are perfect as is emmarene's suggestion to paint the entire garage door one color, either the same gray or all white. Additionally, stain your deck a driftwood gray or dark brick red. Landscaping, with some fairly deep beds will add color and shapes to frame your house.

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Totally agree about the garage door. We were thinking of adding onto our garage, so we haven't touched its exterior or the part of the roof over it. However, plans have changed.

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

The deck was built last Aug., so we will need to stain it this year. I love the driftwood gray color!

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Any landscaping suggestions? Still trying to get rid of stubborn daylilies, rose bushes, and lilies of the valley that do not want to go away!!

• katinparadise
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

I agree with Jennifer that a beautiful, rich taupe along with your black roof and black shutters would be so striking. I would definitely paint the foundation the same color and use a nice crisp white for the trim. Instead of a blue door, I think a deep raspberry would really show off the door. I would also suggest you look for wider shutters that are each 1/2 the size of your windows so they appear as they would close. Paint your garage door the same color as the house. If the taupe doesn't appeal to you, a pretty blue grey could work as well. Wet and Forget is a great product! I used it on my screen enclosure and lanai and it really keeps things clean and mildew free. As for landscaping, you can take a picture of your house to a nursery. Most will help you put together a landscaping plan if you buy your plants from them. I got rid of stubborn plants and weeds by pulling everything I could and covering the beds with a thick layer of newspaper and leaves. Worked like a charm. Please post pictures when you're finished!

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I LOVE the raspberry door idea! Thanks for all the advice!

• katinparadise
    8 anni fa

It's such a pretty and unexpected choice. Something dark with a black undertone is so rich looking. Good luck!

• Mel R
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

something like this?

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".