Captivated by South Haven’s natural charm and waterfront beauty, this storybook, waterfront abode is exceptionally true to its lakefront character.
Featuring over 3,600 square feet with five bedroom and three-and-a-half baths, the careful design of this open and charming layout paired with grand views from nearly every room, capture all the warmth and playfulness of lakefront living.
• A beach friendly fiber cement siding in a cheerful shade of blue blends seamlessly with the water backdrop, while contrasting white trim and darker blue window clad lend definition to the exterior.
• An impressive kitchen with stunning Ann Sachs tile backsplash, quartz countertops, richly stained bistro table and Viking Appliances overlook the generous, but clearly defined, living and dining rooms.
• Extensive built-ins with extra storage and workspace, such as a distinctive dining serving piece featuring quartz stone and a lake reflecting mirror, maximize space and make entertaining a breeze.
• Playful design elements like Thibaut wallpaper, braided hemp cabinet insets and white-washed European white oak floors complement the home’s coastal flair with nautical décor and warm hues.
• Fine finishes and rich trim details including wainscot, various painted ceilings, louvered doors on cabinetry, and fireplace surround with kitchen coordinating quartz stone, show off the intricate design gestures.
• Skillfully designed upstairs presents a restful master retreat with private balcony, two guest bedrooms, convenient laundry featuring sleek retractable doors and space maximizing built in bunk beds with ultra-clever steps that provide storage.
• The lower level’s extra guest quarters, additional laundry, full beach bath with top-to-bottom tiled shower, diligent kitchenette, beach-friendly stained concrete floors, outdoor shower that keeps sand at bay, and direct access to the sugary sands of Lake Michigan.
Photography by Chuck Heiney