frankie265

rugs and lighting over table

frankie 266
27 gennaio 2019

Hello Houzzers, I need your help. First, do i have to use matching rugs under table and the couch area? Should I do a round rug in the couch area to break up all the squareness in my house? also what light ficture would you put over table?

Commenti (9)

• kootenaycapable
    The area rugs need to coordinate not match. Do not put a round rug in your living area. If you want something less square, do it in the accessories. Even a fabric with rounded shapes will work. Can you move your sectional back at all? That area is looking cramped compared to the others.
  • Utente-248100612

Since your table looks to be square, you might want to consider a round drum like light fixture..

https://www.woodenchandeliersplus.com/Vintage-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-and-Fabric-p/1452-cru-173lp-vob.htm

Not sure if something along these lines would work? Looks like your might have to swag the light if the connection is not directly over your table?

https://www.woodenchandeliersplus.com/Vintage-Oil-Rubbed-Bronze-and-Fabric-p/1452-cru-173lp-vob.htm

This one could be swagged and looks to match the color of your chairs somewhat.

• Manon Floreat

I'd also opt for a round chandelier and perhaps repeat the shape in the living area with a round coffee table. I don't think you have enough room in the dining area for a rug. You'd want about the rug to extend about 30" from all sides of the table. It looks like the widow wall would prevent that.

For the living area, a standard rectangular would be my choice. I'd liked to see the sectional pulled away from the TV wall to allow for proper positioning of the rug.

• PRO
    Razzetti Italy

Some small and white ceramic chandelier would be a good idea..here you have some photos, more of it and frre consulting on our houzz profile or our web site, www.razzetti-italy.com

all the best.

Razzetti Italy

• frankie 266
    thank you for the great suggestions. Love the round coffee table idea. Yhe comment about cramped is so true! I plan on moving the blue piece for something smaller and lighter and mounting t.v. cant move couch back - theres a slider. im also done with dark furniture so legs and chairs are going lighter - grey!
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs

In the ceiling in dining area there is the outlet for a chandelier. Move the table under it.

Investigate a sqaure rug, at least two feet bigger all around the table so that chairs sit on the rug.

You don’t need a rug in the living area, as it is a pretty tight area, so if you get an upholstered bench/coffee table it and a couple of pillows on the sofa all will add color and texture.

• frankie 266

Went with a round drum chandelier and centered table under it. I love it. so happy with the results.

• kootenaycapable
    I like your choices! Amazing what a difference some small changes can make.
  • PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting

IMO a rug under the table will just create a tripping hazard coming off the stairs and unless you pull the table out into the walkway you have no room for a rug, get a small awesome rug for the LR and what you have done is perfect.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Continuando, accetto che il gruppo Houzz utilizzi cookie o tecnologie simili al fine di ottimizzare i suoi prodotti e servizi, fornirmi contenuti rilevanti e personalizzare la mia esperienza. Per saperne di più.