Houzz Logo Print
katie_allebone

Are my curtains too short?

Katie
10 anni fa
Should I lower the rod, Or are they okay the way they are? Thanks!

Commenti (15)

• njmomma
    10 anni fa
    Love the room! your curtains should kiss the floor, so lower the rod a bit.
  • despinach
    10 anni fa
    Lovely room! Yes, you should lower the rod a little bit.
  • PRO
    Natalia Trepchina-Worden Interior Design
    10 anni fa
    Katie, I would lower the rod. Typically the fabric should be about 1/2 inch off the floor, so that it always falls back into place after opening or closing the curtains.
  • PRO
    Katie
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Thank you all!
  • sage0807
    10 anni fa
    Adorable room! I love the light.
  • reggiesmall
    10 anni fa
    Terrific room! Yup, too high.

Forgive me but I would actually change the curtains; I'm not feeling the blue with the rest of the room. Or perhaps you can add some pretty detailing (a good 12" IMHO) to the top or bottom of the curtains that ties the fabulous colors of the room in better.
  • PRO
    Amplio
    10 anni fa
    Really nice room, sorry they are too short.
  • PRO
    Natalia Trepchina-Worden Interior Design
    10 anni fa
    I actually like the blue - it adds a nice contrast to the palette. But do agree with adding details (not to the curtains but to the rest of the room) to balance that blue.... unless you already have it and it's just not shown in the photo :-) could be in the artwork or in the pattern
  • PRO
    Shakuff
    10 anni fa
    Agreed, they are too short. Just lower the rod a bit and you're set!
  • PRO
    Katie
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    Yes you can't see too well in this photo but the dresser is the same blue.
  • PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    10 anni fa
    the rod should be just above the roller so you won't see a tripe of wall colour between the two, and yes the curtains should be 1/8" above the floor, almost touching it. Lovely room by the way !
  • sally78
    10 anni fa
    If you sew, you could add a little strip of fabric at the top or bottom and leave the rod where it is…

CUTE---cute--cute room! Love the blue curtains (except the little gap at the bottom--which you are fixing)! Well done!

Happy Decorating!
  • PRO
    LuluBee and Kewi
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    I think you did a beautiful job! I would not lower the curtain rod. Simply add a band ( ribbon or fabric piece) of the pink color you have throughout the room, at the bottom. Maybe at the bottom of the blue curtains, add a gold ribbon band, then add a strip of pink fabric. It would tie in the gold mirror and that pink you used throughout the room. It will help tie the curtains in with the room and bring the balance you need. I would suggest adding enough to make the curtains puddle a little on the floor, 8 inches or so. Perhaps, you should also spray paint the nightstand white, you can get cute teal/blue chevron knobs at hobby lobby, they have beautiful hardware there. Great job!
  • PRO
    LuluBee and Kewi
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    The room looks really great!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".