Houzz Logo Print
jestermom

2 or 3 panel shaker doors better?

jestermom
3 anni fa

Hi everyone ~

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

What is the general opinion of paneled shaker style doors -- do you prefer 2 panels or 3?

Has anyone mixed them up in the same house?

Thanks!

Commenti (12)

• strategery
    3 anni fa

I like 2 best, then 1, then 3 least.

3 could work in a house which has lots of fancy trim.

• chispa
    3 anni fa

I like the 3 panel if you are doing 8 ft doors.

• jestermom
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

Thank you for your comments! Much appreciated. :)

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    3 anni fa

What style home do you live in? What are the other elements, like windows, base and/or crown mounding? And what style knobs/handles will the doors have?

• Robin S
    3 anni fa

We just put two panel doors in our entire house and I absolutely love them. My contractor tried to convince me to go with single panel since it would be less horizontal surfaces to accumulate dust. After living with the doors for 3 months, I can definitely appreciate his comment now, but I am glad I went with 2 panel. I just love the look. It is something to keep in mind though as you are considering.

• cpartist
    3 anni fa

What is the style of your house? The doors should match the style.

• jestermom
    Autore originale
    3 anni fa

We are currently building and in the selections process. Our architect is well known for creole style homes so it will have elements of that, with some interior finishes also resembling modern farmhouse. I know it sounds weird but it will be beautiful when finished. Our cabinets will be shaker. I was leaning towards the 2 panel but then saw the 1 and 3 and thought well maybe I should go with one of those. But I think I will stick w/ the 2 panel. :) THANK YOU ALL!!

• PRO
    adalisa frazzini
    3 anni fa

Post pics of your home progress! I love the thought of a creole style modern farmhouse!!

• Design Girl
    3 anni fa

2 panel

• houssaon
    3 anni fa

I wonder if having panels adds to the stability. I like all three styles. For your kitchen cabinets, consider solid fronts for the smaller drawer fronts. That is what my designer specified and I am so glad she did. I like the simplicity and they are easy to wipe down.

• kculbers
    3 anni fa

I also like the 2 panels❣️

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".