Houzz Logo Print
itrat_zehra

are my curtains too short?

Itrat Zehra
4 anni fa

I had my curtains hung and its about 1.5 inches above the ground. I know its supposed to be about 1/2 inch above the ground typically but does this look totally ridiculous?

Commenti (16)

• Angel 18432
    4 anni fa

I really don't think so, they are close enough and are in the bedroom.

I would add another panel though, they look skimpy.

• shadylady2u
    4 anni fa

Too short and skimpy, but since it's in a bedroom, I don't think I'd worry about it too much.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 anni fa

Yes, they should just "kiss" the floor. No puddle and know high water look. You look like you could lower your rod that 1-2" to get it right. Another panel on each side would be advisable as mentioned above. Alternatively, if you don't want to move the rod (big pain, lol) get longer panels and fold the top over and use clip rings for easy opening and closing.

Clip Ring for 16/19Mm Rod, Set of 7 Pieces, Antique Gold · Maggiori informazioni

Available in black at various websites. Just get right size for rod. 1/4" wider than rod.

• justlol
    4 anni fa

No. They don't look bad at all. Much easier to clean under!

• Itrat Zehra
    Autore originale
    4 anni fa

Thanks everyone for your responses. I do have another panel. It's just drawn to the other side so I could take a picture to accentuate the gap on the bottom of the curtain. I totally agree that the curtain height shouldn't be more than 1/2 inch that's why its bothering me so much that I had to post it for opinions. Thanks again everyone. Moving the rod will be pain though :(

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    4 anni fa

Grommet drapes are a bit harder to hang as well. If you only have one panel on each side of the rod that isn't enough. If you have 4 panels, that might be enough. Not sure how wide your window is. Should have 2-1/2 times the width of drape for the width of the window.

• houssaon
    4 anni fa

Do you have baseboard heating? If so you might want to shorten them to below the sill.

• PRO
    V.E. THOMAN
    4 anni fa

Yes, ideally they should be just off the floor only by the thickness of a finger.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 anni fa

It looks like they have a wide hem so why not hang them properly .BTW the drapes should be at least twice as wide as the window and with those thin drapes I would do 3 Xs as wide

• gchgbcbcg
    4 anni fa

No

• spisland
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

I don't think the curtain length looks ridiculous at all.

Other than Swiffering every day of your life, floor dust can stick to a curtain with all the traversing back and forth that usually happens daily. Ugh. And that's if you don't have a shedding pet! It looks perfectly fine to me.

• PRO
    BANDD DESIGN
    4 anni fa

They are a bit short, however they don't look bad. The length shown below is what would've worked best.

Camelot New Build: Bedroom 2 · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Lampsusa
    4 anni fa

Low the hem and increase the number of panels and your window will look perfect.

• tatts
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

You know, if you hadn't posted the picture here, nobody but you would have ever seen them. So the only person judging whether they look "totally ridiculous" would be you. If they're okay with you--in a very private space--what difference does it make what anyone else thinks?

• jbtanyderi
    4 anni fa

Double the fullness.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".