Houzz Logo Print
webuser_639073794

bathroom dilemma recess mirror cabinet or mirror

M PP
5 anni fa

Hi at beginning stages of design. Have a 1800m floating vanity which will butt up against glass shower screen finding it difficult to find 1800m recess mirror cabinet. Live in country would like one, should I get one made or just have a mirror same length as vanity.

Commenti (4)

• oklouise
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

have a shorter recessed wall cabinet for storage and if necessary have the balance of the space fixed mirror.....you should find something suitable at a fraction of the cost of custom made but strongly suggest that you don't have the vanity hard up against the glass screen (a gap is useful for hanging a hair dryer or hand towel and allows easier access to clean the glass screen) we've been disappointed with custom made vanity and wall cabinets which were more than twice the price and no better quality

M PP ha ringraziato oklouise
  • M PP
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks you can by a commercial made cabinet at 1200 or 1500 which I think will work will check with builder about vanity and shower screen cannot tell by plans maybe something we have not thought properly about. Thanks for advice most helpful.

• PRO
    Edwards Renovations Pty Ltd
    5 anni fa

Hi we simply install 2 x 900mm wide shaving cabinets side by side make sure that there is about 2-3mm gap between the cabinets to stop the mirrored doors touching. this is the cheapest way. Another way we do this is adding a 300mm wide open cabinet in the center and having 2 x 750mm shaving cabinets each end.

• siriuskey
    5 anni fa

All good advice, Bunnings do special orders for these cabinets that come in different widths and heights, Importantly be aware of where the mirror comes together above the hand basins, you don't want to be looking at a join. The following model doesn't mention that they have a 20m allowance for door swing as some others do.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/mondella-cadenza-1200mm-white-3-door-shaving-cabinet_p0036552

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".