Houzz Logo Print
juan_bertiche91

HELP! Need to finish living room

Juan Bertiche
5 anni fa

Hi. We are stuck with the living room project and would love ideas. Room is 16x24ft
We got the basics already but not sure if the coffee table fits or needs a different finish.
We can leave styling for later but would love ideas for the sides/walls. The walls on the sides of the fireplace are 8ft wide each. Thanks!!!

Commenti (16)

• tartanmeup
    5 anni fa

Great space! Not crazy about your coffee table and I agree it's the finish. I'd consider a lucite or glass table. Or perhaps a round marble top one. Photos for illustrative purposes only - didn't check sizes. :)

Lucy Acrylic Coffee Table · Maggiori informazioni

36" Round Alissa Coffee Table, Marble and Gold · Maggiori informazioni

Do you need storage in this room? Would you have space for bookcases next to the fireplace? If not, perhaps some console tables would work. Art would look great on that wall, especially above the fireplace.

Juan Bertiche ha ringraziato tartanmeup
  • PRO
    Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
    5 anni fa

Coffee tables would look better if they were refinished in an Ebony sheen. The shapes are good.

I would paint out fireplace wall in dark gray and hang an oversized gilded mirror over mantle.

New patterned sofa pillows would be good as well.

Juan Bertiche ha ringraziato Coates Design Architecture + Interiors
  • grapefruit1_ar
    5 anni fa

I would add colorful art above the fireplace and on the adjoining walls . Add end tables and lamps.

Juan Bertiche ha ringraziato grapefruit1_ar
  • always1stepbehind
    5 anni fa

Curious...what is the wall color?

• Juan Bertiche
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

tartanmeup ... no need for storage in this room so console tables could work!

• Juan Bertiche
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

always1stepbehind ... we dont have the name or exact formula as it was prepared by the painter with white, siena and brown

• Manon Floreat
    5 anni fa

If you regularly entertain larger groups, benches topped with art could be a good option for you

Transitional Living Room · Maggiori informazioni

As mentioned, a couple of matching consoles topped with lamps and objets d'art could also work well.

Bedford Gardens House · Maggiori informazioni

Since you have so much symmetry, it might be fun to break it up a bit on either sided of the fireplace. Perhaps a combination of the above: Console and mirror on one side, bench with art on the other.

Whatever you decide to do, I definitely think you have to address your lighting. One lamp and an overhead fixture (?), really isn't sufficient for layered lighting and ambience.

• Boxerpal
    5 anni fa

I like your living room. I would try a different coffee table that is not so big and more fitting with the style of your very cool chairs and sofa. Glass and metal come to mind. Change the rug and hang some art on the fireplace. Maybe some fun sculptures or Maybe update the drapes or add some color with wall paint....

Some ideas.

Interior Renovations · Maggiori informazioni

Living Room · Maggiori informazioni

OUR PORTFOLIO · Maggiori informazioni

The Sierra Showhome (Calgary, Alberta) · Maggiori informazioni

• Juan Bertiche
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Manon Floreat ... i like the idea of breaking the simetry. Lighting is definitively a pending
  • Juan Bertiche
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

thanks for all the input. we are thinking about

1. round mirror on the fireplace -foto
    2. large abstract painting (55x40") on the wall to the right of fireplace -foto but will go with orange instead of yellow-
    3. console table -foto- + one or two paintings on the wall between fireplace and curtains

regarding the console and the coffe table, still need to sort out the wood finish...

would all this work?

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    5 anni fa

Large original artworks are an excellent addition that gives character to any space. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

new abstract art · Maggiori informazioni

Mixed media art · Maggiori informazioni

Mixed media art · Maggiori informazioni

• Flo Mac
    5 anni fa

Lot of stuff in the couch area. Feels very crowded. Stack the coffee tables and then position them running parallel to/in the middle of the two couches. Remove white chairs and rattan stools. Add a long credenza on wall behind white chairs and a tall/large piece of art or mirror above credenza. Get end tables and lamps for both couches.

• ilovecomputers
    5 anni fa

Following.

• Boxerpal
    5 anni fa

Yes I love the round mirror and the piece of art you have chosen. The console table is perfect. All your choices are excellent!

• PRO
    Soltech Solutions
    5 anni fa

Beautiful space! Maybe a green, vibrant and a taller plant against a wall would be a nice touch. Something like a Bird-of-paradise!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".