Houzz Logo Print
poppet1111

Need help finding the right rug

Wendy Steen
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

Hi, I want a nice soft rug to go in our living room but can't find one I like. Anyone got any suggestions? It's high traffic and I have 2 kids who spend most of their time in this room. We also eat in here as it is next to the kitchen. The walls are Dulux Natural White with dark timber floor and emerald green velvet curtains. We are going to sell the table and eat at the island bench and get a couple of black Chesterfield couches instead. Room dimensions are 4 metres wide and 5 metres long

This chair is gone now and toys are stored here but it shows the curtain colour.

To show how the kitchen relates. Photo taken where the single chair is in the corner.

Look forward to any and all ideas! Thanks!

Commenti (9)

• bigreader
    5 anni fa
    Rug choice is one of the hardest things to do. I echo a jute/sisal suggestion. I bought a 2x3m one from Ikea, one of the best rugs I’ve had. With young kids I’d avoid spending too much and stay away from wool or silk. They are absolutely lovely but a synthetic with kids is way easier to maintain. Temple and Webster is always good for browsing.
    Wendy Steen ha ringraziato bigreader
  • User
    5 anni fa
    I agree sisal rug would serve you well. As for your curtains, they must have cost an arm and a leg and worth every single dollar, sensational!
    Wendy Steen ha ringraziato User
  • PRO
    Nelson Interior Stylists
    5 anni fa

A company that sells beautiful rugs in many many colours and textures are Zillo and Hutch . They are online and deliver around Australia or you can visit their show room if you are in Melbourne.

With children a jute rug is hard and not a play rug so i would not suggest that.

Freedom

also have some great ones

Grey is freedom and the on under the dining table is from Ikea but feels rough

Wendy Steen ha ringraziato Nelson Interior Stylists
  • juliahocking
    5 anni fa

Have look at 'Early Settlers' catalogue - they have some really lovely rugs in their new selection

Wendy Steen ha ringraziato juliahocking
  • JE C
    5 anni fa
    Temple and Webster also have lots and some are very reasonable.
    Wendy Steen ha ringraziato JE C
  • Wendy Steen
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks for all the help! I have sisal in another room and it's really durable bbut not nice to play on unfortunately otherwise i would totally go that way. Will have a look at the other stores suggested! Thanks!

• julie herbert
    5 anni fa
    Hi poppet,
    Lovely room, Miss Amara have some gorgeous rugs also, a soft colour could look beautiful with your lovely curtains and the dark floors
  • robyn
    5 anni fa

How about a sheepskin rug. There are some that are woven to large sizes rather than just the original sheepskin size.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".