Houzz Logo Print
juliafairley

Do velvet homewares attract lint, hair and dust?

Julia Fairley
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

Calling all velvet lovers. I've noticed velvet clothes seem to pick up every piece of lint, dust and fluff around. Have you found velvet furniture and homewares do this too? I'd love to work this material into my home though not if it's going to end up looking like a lint filter. Thanks!

Hollywood Collection · Maggiori informazioni

former semi-detached house · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (10)

• Sara Graham
    5 anni fa
    I haven’t found that to be the case. We have a velvet couch and two arm chairs.
    Julia Fairley ha ringraziato Sara Graham
  • Irene Morresey
    5 anni fa
    Love velvet, go for it, can't be worse than a lot of other fabrics out there, I'm sure it will be fine. Can you bring a velvet chair home on trial and see how it goes
    Julia Fairley ha ringraziato Irene Morresey
  • PRO
    Julia Fairley
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thanks everyone, especially @Gallifrey – I agree with George Costanza!

• how2girl
    5 anni fa

Because there’s no graduation in colour generally in velvet fabric the darker colours would show dust/lint more obviously than lighter coloured velvet.

Julia Fairley ha ringraziato how2girl
  • tksjbl
    5 anni fa

I have dark rose coloured velvet seat covers on my dining chairs. They are 20 yrs old and we have had no problems, even with little ones spilling food or drink. They wipe clean easily. They were recovered from original antique fabric. I do run the vac over them from time to time.

Julia Fairley ha ringraziato tksjbl
  • Deb Xuereb
    5 anni fa
    Go for it. An occasional vacuum with a Dustbuster will do the trick. Life’s too short not to have what you want.
    Julia Fairley ha ringraziato Deb Xuereb
  • PRO
    Nelson Interior Stylists
    5 anni fa

As a property stylist i have both velvet and linens and velvet is easier to wipe clean that linen as the organic fibre in linen gets hairs and tiny fibres stuck on it.

Velvet can last for many years and brings a sense of luxury to any room

Julia Fairley ha ringraziato Nelson Interior Stylists
  • KK1000
    5 anni fa
    Go for it if you don’t have small children,
    Julia Fairley ha ringraziato KK1000
  • Jason K
    5 anni fa

my wife's obsession with velvet over the past few years has taught me a thing or two - it catches wool but a roller usually does the trick. Just keep the dogs away. Cats aren't as easy to keep away lol

Julia Fairley ha ringraziato Jason K
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".