Houzz Logo Print
tayler5

Help with Benjamin Moore Advance Product

tayler5
5 anni fa
Ultima modifica:5 anni fa

So this is a two part question:

1) Our walls and trim will be painted the same color different sheens. For the trim we will be using Advance and I am wondering if anyone has experience with Satin vs Semi Gloss. I have heard the Semi Gloss is almost like a high gloss. We are going for a modern look and I am just not sure which one I should pick.... I'd appreciate your thoughts.

2) Our interior doors will be a different color then the walls or trim and it has been suggested I do a semi gloss on the doors. Is that correct? Should we use the Advance product or something else. If Advance, same question, semi gloss or satin?

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Laura Lee Home
    5 anni fa

BM Advance is a great water bourne alkyd paint. We use it often. My wall recommendation is BM Matte and trim in Semi-Gloss for durability/clean-ability. For the doors, BM Advance in Semi-Gloss as well. Post pics or share what color palette you are thinking and I will be happy to take a look. BM is the BEST! Good luck

• sloyder
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Semi gloss is a moderate gloss. Satin is more of a smooth dull finish.

• tayler5
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you both for your input.

• Lisa SW
    5 anni fa
    Our trim is Advance satin. Both the paint store and my painter said that the Advance semi-gloss tends to be glossier than people anticipate, and painter said the majority of his clients prefer the satin. We went with that and walls are painted in BM aura matte. Contrast is nice, but I have no way to compare to semi-gloss. It’s really just personal preference. Cleaning the trim only requires a damp rag.
  • PRO
    Tailored Living
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

Hi,

I would advice Advance Satin for the woodwork and use Aura matte for the walls.

We usually try to keep the woodwork on the same shine(trim and doors)

Aura is a great water based washable that we use in all our projects that I can only recommend.

You can achieve a great modern look just making a strong color contrast rather than using different paint.

Good luck!

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".