Houzz Logo Print
srvaug

need backsplash idea please

Sa Ke
5 anni fa
White cabinets with white fusion quartz and stainless steel appliances. Does this look goo and balanced to not white wash the kitchen??

Commenti (36)

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    5 anni fa

I don't like the way two, different stone patterns look together. I would prefer having the same stone as the countertop, either as a slab or tiles for the backsplash or a ceramic tile.

• Barb
    5 anni fa

I have white cabinets and black/white granite and decided white backsplash was too much white and went with a darker gray ceramic and have received so many compliments. It was risky but turned out looking beautiful!

• betsymary
    5 anni fa
    Too busy. If you want to add the green color, maybe a plain(er) tile in a green shade.
  • felizlady
    5 anni fa
    Too much black. I would suggest you find the same size/shape tiles in one of the lightest colors in the counter material: light gray, white, or even stainless steel (same finish as the appliances).
  • njay
    5 anni fa
    Too dark for my taste. If you go that way, be sure you have under cabinet lighting.
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Thank you all.
    How about this combination??
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Or how about this??
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 5 anni fa

I have last one

• leelee
    5 anni fa

Too busy. Your counters are just gorgeous but they have lots of movement. Adding more movement in the backsplash isn't going to compliment them. They'll fight with each other.

Here's a counter similar to yours.

• Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you!!

• leelee
    5 anni fa

A pale gray tile would look smart.

• sprtphntc7a
    5 anni fa

none of your samples will compliment your gorgeous counters. the thin glass tiles are modern and your kitchen is not. everything else is visual overload or way too dark.

how much b/s do u actually have to do? we are only seeing one section of your kitchen. a picture with your whole kitchen would be most helpful.

i would not but a patterned tile with your counters. you need to do a quiet, plain tile or take your counters up the wall.

i would not mix stones or use a fake stone look tile.

this is a kitchen where less is best for your backsplash. your eye needs to rest somewhere.

• Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Thank you all.
    Here is the complete picture. Hope I captured well enough. Total backsplash needed is 20 sq ft.
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    I am at store looking at these..
  • drdeb1234
    5 anni fa
    The mosaic tile look has been kinda done to death in my opinion. If you love it fine, but I think it looks pretty dated at this point.
    Also search “I hate my busy backsplash” here on houzz. Lots of dilemmas.
    Keep it simple
  • drdeb1234
    5 anni fa
    Actually that last pic looks more like subway tiles. I think that might work
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Yes its subway tiles
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

no to all of those. you want something to compliment your countertop. all of those glass tiles and the mottled one do not compliment. Are you at home depot?

I happen to like the black. (you have under cabinet lighting, yes?) so if you want black, try something in this ceramic

Clayhaus, chevron, above, or Somertile has it in a matte black

or these glazed tiles, FireClay tile in Meteor

CleTile in glazes terra cotta, black. (these come in subway and hex shape)

Basalt tiles. (Floor and Decor has these)

black antique mirror subway. these are really glam....

If you want a glass subway tile, then try either of these. Black Sand and Moonlight. These would be gorgeous w/your stone.

I love either of these. these aren't super cheap, but luckily you only have 20sf.

https://www.daltile.com/products/tile/glass-horizons

• sprtphntc7a
    5 anni fa

if u go with black, which i think would look great, be sure to have under cabinet lights!!

beth's examples are spot on! i don't think i would do white grout. a gray grout to give the black some definition, but not "in your face" definition.

• PRO
    Passé/Present Interiors
    5 anni fa
    I think a stainless steel backsplash would look great with grout color the same as upper cabs. Not too white or dark.
  • PRO
    Lion Windows and Doors
    5 anni fa

Your countertops are gorgeous! I like the idea of lighter and a larger format tile. The small tiles are definitely too busy. Your last example was best, but I'd still maybe op't for a larger tile.

• Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    This is from light grey subway tiles. Please let me know if these are working. Thank you everyone for offering help and chiming in.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

Sa,,,no. too blue/gray. and the size of the tiles are too small. you need larger size tiles.

Did you see the pics of all the black choices I posted in my earlier comment? did you like any of those? i posted about 8 choices.

these are the DalTile glass

• snogir1
    5 anni fa

I realize this isn't the best picture, but I have friends that have a granite counter with grey/white (the lighting makes it look tan). They did the soft grey subway tile in natural stone and it looks beautiful!! I think the light backsplash would look even better with your white cabinets. Good luck!

• mark_rachel
    5 anni fa

I would go with something light. If you want character go with a shape, bevel, or crackle. Fireclay has some fun shapes. One color with matching grout. Let your countertop shine & be the star.

• leelee
    5 anni fa

You will want to stay away from a busy back splash. It's very tempting to see all the pretty mosaics at the tile store. But I can show you lots of pictures where the colors where the same but the patterns hated each other = very upset homeowner ready to post a new dilemma.

• Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa

Thank you all.

Leelee-- that pic is funny, I totally see your point though.

Beth--I do not have undercabinet lighting :( , scared to go dark as it will look like dark empty space at night .

Passe-- I love the idea of stainless steel but heard that they are not smudge resistant and can rust. Also it might look industrial , no??

How about just half white /white normal subway tile??

below are just the ideas I linked-- Please pour in your suggestions.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Emser-Choice-136-Pack-Bone-Ceramic-Subway-Tile-Common-3-in-x-6-in-Actual-2-95-in-x-5-91-in/1000311837

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Emser-Choice-136-Pack-Gray-Ceramic-Subway-Tile-Common-3-in-x-6-in-Actual-2-95-in-x-5-91-in/1000311995

https://www.lowes.com/pd/American-Olean-Color-Appeal-Silver-Cloud-Glass-Subway-Tile-Common-3-in-x-6-in-Actual-2-87-in-x-5-87-in/50435138

• silviakunst
    5 anni fa
    I just don't understand why you would put anything BUT the same as your countertop ! It's gorgeous ...so have it cut to size and put the same granite as a backsplash THAT would
    Look best and the most elegant !
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Will this look good??
  • Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    silviakunst—>>that was a tad expensive quartz and putting another 20 sqft will be difficult as we grabbed the last quartz they had in that lot.
  • PRO
    OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc.
    5 anni fa

Your granite is very busy, try to get a solid color as a back splash

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 anni fa

Sa,,,you had black tiles as one of your choices. now you're afraid of going too dark? do the iridescent glass tile in moonlight, from DalTile.

order a sample. These will bounce around the light.

or try one of these. Moonstone

Why don't you just install some under cabinet lighting? it's not a big deal to do, and not expensive.

SS can look a little too modern. here is stainless w/white glass

if you want a gray, try a gray glass tile

Discount Glass Tile Store.

they also have this ceramic tile in a 3x12 called Smoke

I hope you've picked some cool hardware

• Sa Ke
    Autore originale
    5 anni fa
    Thank you OTM
    Beth— those silver ones look cool. I will look into it. Thank you.
    Unfortunately me and my husband are not very handy with electricity etc., I will ask the backsplash guy to see it.
    Hardware is already done. All are handles except the top drawers. They match our stainless steel appliances.
  • beachhouse1286
    5 anni fa

The large subway tiles that you linked at Lowes were the best so far. If you can find a large subway tiles that matches the white in your countertops, even better.

• andria564
    5 anni fa

https://www.fireclaytile.com/tile/colors/detail/oyster-shell/?size=tile-field-2-x-4  They have a ton of colors and you will need to get samples to check undertones. I think a lighter gray would look great, not super dark but not white.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".