Houzz Logo Print
jasommer

need help with wood flooring

Jackie S
5 anni fa
Two years ago we installed 2 1/4” solid wood flooring in our living room, this flooring matched our existing flooring that was put in the house when it was built 19 years ago almost perfectly. Now we want to tear out our entryway tile and finish with the same wood, the problem is, we cannot get the same flooring in the same width! We can get it in the exact same color but the width is 3 1/4” wide now! I’ve been looking at several pictures of rooms that have different width wood as well as different colors in room. Not sure I’m ok with any of it! If we decide to go with the wider wood because the color matches so well, should we lay the wood the same direction as the living room and put some kind of transition in the openings between the two? Or would it be better to lay the new wider flooring perpendicular to the existing flooring? Not sure what if any are the rules and which would be more appealing to look at?
I’ve attached a couple pictures sowing the existing flooring and where it would meet up with the new flooring,

Commenti (3)

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".