Houzz Logo Print
emnuts4u

What kind of flooring is best?

Emma
6 anni fa
Ultima modifica:6 anni fa

Looking to replace our tired carpet, and considering taking the plunge into a better flooring option. We're looking for something that won't break the bank, but the final aesthetic really matters most for us. I'm a complete flooring novice - are there any good options outside of real hardwood floors?

Commenti (4)

• PRO
    TN Interiors Inc.
    6 anni fa

Hi!

There are some great quality laminate flooring that would not only look great but also be long lasting... There is also Vinyl plank flooring which is slightly warmer on the feet and easy maintenance as well.

Sometimes, hardwood floors can be found for cheaper than the above mentioned options. Check out the clearance section of the big box stores, or even local flooring stores for some great deals.

A natural carpet such as wool or a softer version of jute would still look great depending on the space.

Have fun!

• The Fed up
    6 anni fa

End grain oak.

Think butcher block, but much larger scale.

• tatts
    6 anni fa

End grain oak, eh? Somebody missed this part of the OP's post:
    "We're looking for something that won't break the bank..."

and this:

"...are there any good options outside of real hardwood floors?"

• SJ McCarthy
    6 anni fa

There are some FANTASTIC things other than real hardwood. The "won't break the bank" will need some definition.

First: How BIG are we talking? The entire level = 1200sf? Or two bedrooms totaling 350sf?

Second: Budget? How much do you have to spend for the ENTIRE project? That includes removing and disposing of carpet ($1/sf), subfloor prep ($1 - $5/sf depending on what we are looking at for subfloor) and then final flooring product including under pad if allowed ($2 - $25/sf)?

Give us the ABSOLUTE LIMIT of your budget and we can work backwards to a price point you will look for on the shelf.

Third: What is your SUBFLOOR? Are your carpets over concrete slab or over wood joists? Do you have a basement? Crawl space? Condo/apartment? What floor?

Answering ALL these questions will take you from "blind novice" to "knowledgeable homeowner who happens to be a flooring newbie".

A few more details and we will get you there! Oh...Yah. How many people living there and what are your expectations of the floor? Warm/quiet? Hard/cool? Scratch resistant? Hate tile? Hate carpet? Personal requirements for the floor/home????????

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".