Houzz Logo Print
jayne_cooke

Help! Too many angles in my open plan

Jayne Hobbs
6 anni fa

Looking for help. We have a new build house we built ourselves, it’s got vaulted ceiling and lots of angles, which has made it very difficult to decorate this is the kitchen, dinning area which we also have a sofa and tv in. I’ve tried to zone it, but want to add some colour to add some depth. I am changing the dinning chairs to a more industrial style and possibly the table too, but not sure what to do with the far wall. I was thinking farrow and ball downpipe but wasn’t sure, then tried hauge blue but it didn’t go with the dfs zinc sofa. Any suggestions? Either colours or suggestion on furniture or room layout (excuse the mess)

9486A156-EBBA-4873-BF45-E200D5D06C39.jpeg
CAD79F81-EFAB-413E-B400-B9FEAA048B46.jpeg
663C000E-DFF2-4951-80DE-55DE0CFE1406.jpeg
8774C1A5-D7E0-4F43-AD25-D55AE9EF3D52.jpeg

Commenti (9)

• Jayne Hobbs
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

My Pinterest board of ideas I like https://pin.it/cljhuzsuh2f3ef still don’t know what to do

• Jayne Hobbs
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

• PRO
    User
    6 anni fa

Hi

Perhaps open bookcase/shelving wood or wooden effect to go with kitchen doors.

Jayne Hobbs ha ringraziato User
  • Jayne Hobbs
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

Yes I think open shelves would look good to add some height just not sure where to put them

• PRO
    User
    6 anni fa

I will share a secret with you :) Pick masking tape, choose thickness close to the shelve's and stick it on the wall. Build up as long as you like it, remove what you do not like. Take pictures at different angles so you can take a final decision later.

• PRO
    User
    6 anni fa

If you want to use ready to assemble elements I drop the link to Crown Imperial. Very good quality and reasonable pricing. Let me know if you will need a quote.

http://www.crown-imperial.co.uk/living-living-space/

• PRO
    BetterSpace: The Floor Plan Experts
    6 anni fa

Hi Jayne. I would suggest that you use warm colours (could be ocher or earthy colours) to contrast the cold colours you want. It would also be a great idea to use a built-in closet by the entrance door to place shoes or handbags. I would also attach a countertop to your kitchen isle in order to visually separate both spaces using some nice bar stools with an industrial touch. I'll be more than happy to advise you further. You can contact me through our site - betterspace.co
    Good luck!!!
    Ed

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".