Houzz Logo Print
petlovermarcie50

Does this Lacquer Paint have to be sprayed on ?

petlover
6 anni fa

I recently found out that all of our kitchen cabinets were spray painted with Valspar Lacquer White when our kitchen was remodeled 6 years ago. The cabinets are in excellent condition but the baseboards are scuffed up and definitely need to be repainted.

Can this lacquer be applied with a brush?

Thank you.

Commenti (6)

• dyliane
    6 anni fa

maybe, try in a piece of wood

petlover ha ringraziato dyliane
  • petlover
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

no, I haven't purchased the paint yet (I'll hire someone to do the painting). I just want the same color, finish as the rest of our cabinets which looks wonderful. This is a relatively small job, base boards only, though our kitchen is large.

• PRO
    Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
    6 anni fa

Let the painter you hire determine which chemical he/she can apply and how. Then have the store color match to that can (or something from your home you can take - like a drawer or door - the can has not aged the same as the white on your cabinets and trim exposed to daylight and oxygen). Spray is best - as long as the selected painter knows how to properly prepare an occupied home for spray - and how to treat the existing wood and finish so the new finish adheres. If it is decided to brush, then you need a chemical designed for brushing. Benjamin Moore makes some very nice brush-able paints. Sherwin WIlliams ProClassic, one of my preferred paints, is terrible to brush - it has coagulants added to prevent runs - so it is designed to be sprayed. Lacquers dry ultra-fast - need to be sprayed. Adding retarder to lacquer will make it run. Some lacquers can also melt previous layers - if you brush that, it can soften up the existing finish and make a mess.

petlover ha ringraziato Edmond Kitchen & Bath LLC
  • paintguy22
    6 anni fa

Lacquer is spray application only. Just have the color and sheen matched in some high quality acrylic paint.

petlover ha ringraziato paintguy22
  • Janine Ochotorena
    5 anni fa

Were you able to find a good acrylic match for this paint? I have the same scenario. Cabinets were sprayed, but there is some trim and casing that need paint and I want the whites to match.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".