Houzz Logo Print
amy_lewis24

What floor will go best with my granite countertops?

Amy Lewis
6 anni fa

We are building a new house and I'm currently making decisions for the kitchen. We are going to have a kitchen that is open to our great room. The flooring will be the same throughout. We have chosen espresso cabinets for our lower cabinets an island, and white cabinets for the uppers. My countertops will be moon white granite. We are going to have wood laminate floors, but I can't decide which color matches this. The granite is what is throwing me off.

Our flooring choices are limited. Here are the links to those. https://www.mohawkflooring.com/laminate-search/Bourbon%20Mill/Nutmeg%20Chestnut

https://www.mohawkflooring.com/laminate-search/Cedar%20View/Cheyenne%20Rock%20Oak

My wall color is agreeable gray from sherwin williams. Here is what I'm thinking so far:

My favorite is the Nutmeg Chestnut, but I'm afraid that it has too much movement when combined with the countertops. The above is Cheyenne Rock Oak. I'm open to ideas other than this. Please let me know what you might do. Thanks.

Commenti (6)

• jhmarie
    6 anni fa

I think either brown floor will be fine as far as I can tell on my computer. Gray is very trendy - so will trend out.

This older kitchen has some of the same colors as you - perhaps it will help you visualize the elements together:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/4512247/finally-finished-with-kitchen-updating

Amy Lewis ha ringraziato jhmarie
  • Amy Lewis
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

celerygirl, I really like your suggestions but I can only use the colors from the 2 links above. You don't think that the nutmeg chestnut isn't too "busy"?

• PRO
    Stoneshop
    6 anni fa

The Nutmeg Chestnut is gorgeous and has great character! Personally, I do not think that it will be too busy in your space because the Moon White granite has a fairly repetitive pattern which creates a more uniform appearance. I would go for it!

Amy Lewis ha ringraziato Stoneshop
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    6 anni fa

I really like the lighter option celery girl posted in the first comment. looks great w/the lower cabinets. This nutmeg works, but it's dark and very close in color w/the espresso. Why can't you choose another color?

Amy Lewis ha ringraziato Beth H. :
  • acm
    6 anni fa

The lighter tan wood seems best -- light enough to give good contrast with the cabinets (which your first option doesn't), but not locking you into a super-trendy and super-cold color scheme. Should be neutral enough to decorate in any direction you want.

Amy Lewis ha ringraziato acm
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".