Houzz Logo Print
kirsten_morin

Quartzite counter edge help! Pretty please!

Kirsten Morin
6 anni fa
We are getting 3cm Taj Mahal quartzite countertops. I've included our plans below. What would you all recommend for the edges? We have dove white cabinets, and a dark walnut Island. I tend to favor decorative edges (have a cove duPont in one recently redone bathroom), but I don't want to over do it. The fabricator has suggested an eased edge on the counter with the stove top and a decorative edge on the island. What do you think we should do on the peninsula, and what are your personal favorite decorative edges?

Commenti (20)

• Kirsten Morin
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Just bumping this to the top. Any ideas?
  • Dee Sanchez
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

On quartzite, I always prefer mitered edge. It hides the glue line better than a simple eased. Quartzites tend to suck the glue into them, discoloring the glue line.

• simstress
    6 anni fa
    An eased edge is what we use. The Taj is pretty and will look great with a simple or fancier edge. I hope you get other suggestions!
  • PRO
    Blum Custom Builders & Remodeling
    6 anni fa

I like a square edge!

• Laurie Schrader
    6 anni fa

3 cm square very classic, doesn't go out of style. Mitered can also be nice, as it lends an appearance of real substance. Careful, though- not all patterns are good for that.

• PRO
    Servigon Construction Group
    6 anni fa

We like an eased edge like the fabricator suggest, here is the 3cm Taj Mahal we are actually in the process of finishing up to give you an idea.

Cabinet look similar to yours

• Laurie Schrader
    6 anni fa

Servignon- educate me a bit, if you will. I've always seen "eased edge" with rounded corners. but these countertops appear almost entirely squared (or something...).

What do I miss? Great counters!

• PRO
    David Benners Architecture
    6 anni fa

Eased Edge

• PRO
    6 anni fa
    Laurie,
    Eased Edge does not have rounded corners. All the edges are slightly rounded
  • PRO
    6 anni fa
    Sorry that was a little contradicting on my part. The edges are rounded but very slightly to taper the edge down
  • Chessie
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

Book edges and eased edges look best to me.

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    6 anni fa

Eased edges for a classic look that doesn't go out of style

• Kirsten Morin
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa
    Thanks so much for the helpful feedback!
  • PRO
    Blum Custom Builders & Remodeling
    6 anni fa

Eased looks so nice.

• wilson853
    6 anni fa

Hi Kirsten, if you are still out there, I am wondering what edge treatment you chose. Would love to see a picture if possible.

• judy reber
    4 anni fa

Here is a picture of our edges. I think they did suck up the glue like stated above. What can we do now?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    4 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 4 anni fa

Square edges on countertops are like stiletto heels on a woman. You look fabulous from the car to the restaurant, but that's about as far as you want to travel.

Take advice from your designer, or from the guy you're going to call to fix all those chipped edges, especially at the dishwasher.

• Karen Lee
    l'anno scorso

@Dee Sanchez I am reading old posts for help with my edge profile decision. I saw your comment "On quartzite, I always prefer mitered edge. It hides the glue line better than a simple eased. Quartzites tend to suck the glue into them, discoloring the glue line." I have a silly question, why would Taj have a glue line?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    l'anno scorso

Use 3 cm quartzite and you won't have to miter and worry about adhesive lines.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".