Houzz Logo Print
christiemoffat

Awkward angle in kitchen - need storage solution!

Christie T
10 anni fa
Ultima modifica:10 anni fa
Hi all,
I live in a condo with some odd and awkward angles. We are lacking on space and storage, especially in the kitchen. We only have one bank of drawers. Agh!
Anyhow, I'm looking for suggestions on a storage solution for a spot in the kitchen, with an awkward angle, to the left of counter pass-through spot. Would it be better to try and custom build some shelves to fit, or any ideas on some sort of cabinet? I would like to keep things closed to not show all the clutter.

The pictures I attached are not my condo, but of another one in the building with the exact same floor plan, etc. It's for sale right now so I just borrowed some pics since I am not home to take some of my own.
I've marked the spot in a red box on the pics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks so much :)

- Christie

Commenti (7)

• PRO
    HERE Design and Architecture
    10 anni fa
    So are you trying to get some storage under that pass-through?
  • Christie T
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    to the left of it, on the wall where the picture frame is :)
  • PRO
    HERE Design and Architecture
    10 anni fa
    You could have something designed and built that incorporated the whole wall, including the pass-through within it. Not sure it will make much sense visually if you put one thing off by itself.
  • Sharon Cameron
    10 anni fa
    Do you own or rent?
  • Christie T
    Autore originale
    10 anni fa
    @Sharon - we own :)

Our building skills and budget are small, hence why we were thinking some sort of cabinet or shelving, but are definitely open to ideas and suggestions as we want to get the most of out it (also for resale value)

Thanks!
  • Ed
    10 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 10 anni fa
    Hi Christie, maybe it's the lens (wide-angle ? fish-eye ?) of the camera, but many lines appear to be curved in your photos. I cannot always tell if a line is actually straight in real life, or whether it's actually curved in real life. Could you post the same photos, taken from the same angles, but with a less wide-angle lens, so that straight lines appear more straight in the photos ? :)
    ( This could make a difference for designers to come up with suggestions -- are we trying to fit something with a straight edge, or with a curved edge. Also, the angle where the 2 surfaces meet in your red marked area -- the angle will appear larger than in real life, if the photo was taken with a very wide-angle lens. :)
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".