Houzz Logo Print
jeannierowe

buying new home and the trim color is bothering me.

Jeannie Rowe
6 anni fa
Ultima modifica:6 anni fa

I would prefer to have a neutral gray on the walls with some possible navy on the island which I would like redone along with the replacing the cabinet doors. I feel like the trim paint is striping the room. Is it worth it to h

ave the entire house painted before moving in? Or is it not as bad as it looks? Help!

Commenti (15)

• sofikbr
    6 anni fa

I believe it would be nice to paint it white.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato sofikbr
  • PRO
    Weber Interior Design
    6 anni fa

The way the trim is painted draws attention to it, and that is something that should just blend in. I would definitely paint out the trim and since you have painters in there, make whatever other changes you have in mind.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato Weber Interior Design
  • Jeannie Rowe
    Autore originale
    6 anni fa

my thougts too. It draws to much attention to the top and bottom and cuts the space. I will have to hire painters to go in after we close. Changing lights ad hardware too. Good thing we love the location!

• acm
    6 anni fa

It's striking, but that means you have to love it. I'd paint it to match the walls, in fact, to help the room(s) feel higher.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato acm
  • kjoy1
    6 anni fa

I like it. Very unique.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato kjoy1
  • User
    6 anni fa

If you don't like it now, you won't like it ever. Change it to what you want before you move in, otherwise it will be a pain to do later on!

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato User
  • User
    6 anni fa

i think its chic.

once you put up artwork and get your furniture in there, it will minimize the extremeness of it.

if you look in architectural digest and other high-end interior design magazines, black or charcoal trim is often shown.

• User
    6 anni fa

literally an article from May 1 2017 that looks just like your trim: http://www.architecturaldigest.com/story/contrast-molding-paint-trend 

• User
    6 anni fa

• lefty47
    6 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 6 anni fa

HI -- I have never seen the need to have rooms all out lined with a different color unless the house is an historic colonial . Your new house has modern features in light fixtures and hardware and glass so I don't like the trims in a modern house . See if the builder can re-paint all the trim to a white or the same color as the walls --- which ever you like . A lot of new houses also have too much trim everywhere too.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato lefty47
  • hbfn
    6 anni fa

I'm sick of seeing gray everywhere BUT I like this, this is a unique addition of gray in a home, I think it's really chic.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato hbfn
  • User
    6 anni fa

if the trim was white and the walls gray, with that dark floor it would be so much darker in there.

• bradley_amber
    6 anni fa
    I think it looks nice but I am a big fan of other trim colors besides white. You may be able to change only the crown and get a less broken up look if it bothers you. Lots of professionally designed houses have it like that.
    Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato bradley_amber
  • flopsycat1
    6 anni fa

Totally a matter of taste. If you don't like it, paint it. So much easier to do before furniture is in place.

Jeannie Rowe ha ringraziato flopsycat1
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".