Houzz Logo Print
ilovewhitekitchens

Help me decorate this half bath please!!

So this half bath needs a mirror, towel holder (or maybe a towel bar), toilet paper holder, something to go above the toilet, and decorations...

those good with photoshop and/or good at linking me to specific items, please help!!! Should I add color? If so, how and where specifically? There's also a window that will need curtains too :)

Commenti (20)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa
    Here is a concept board. Traditional look.
    ilovewhitekitchens ha ringraziato Flo Mangan
  • ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Forgot to add that the builder told us the vanity hardware was chrome. We picked out chrome faucet and light and sure enough now we are here we see the vanity hardware is in fact brushed nickel. *facepalm* Does it look that bad? Wondering if it's worth the investment to swap out the hardware for chrome

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Flo, wow I absolutely love that!!!

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Upclose look at the vanity. You can really tell that the faucet is shiny chrome and the vanity hardware is. Rushed nickel. Do you think it's worth replacing the hardware? If we add a towel holder to the wall on the right I'm not sure if I should stick with chrome or do brushed nickel to try and make the vanity hardware tie in somehow :-/

• 1Busygal
    7 anni fa
    I prefer brushed nickel, but in this case I would switch out the easiest....cabinet hardware. That way, everything will be consistent. Enjoy that new bathroom!
    ilovewhitekitchens ha ringraziato 1Busygal
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

it's fine if you mix. maybe do a round towel holder off to the right and get a nice hand towel to drape on it. maybe something like this in the right corner , like Flo has in her pic

or a smaller version of something like this

ilovewhitekitchens ha ringraziato Beth H. :
  • ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Beth, that's so pretty and I love how timeless it looks. What finish would you you do the round towel holder? Brushed nickel or chrome?

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

(Assuming I left the hardware as is)

• markandjill21
    7 anni fa

When toilets flush, bacteria gets in the air so keep towel bar away from the toilet.

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Markandjill that's a good point!

• PRO
    Sheri Law Art Glass
    7 anni fa

Here is an idea to keep allot of light in the room and not close it off with a shade. Stained Glass can be installed on top of your existing window, and offere beauty and privacy. http://www.sherilawartglass.com

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    7 anni fa

I'd do the nickel only because the chrome gets fingerprints. both the metals go fine with each other.

look for that bamboo tray at BedBathand beyond and use the coupon!

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Sheri, that's a cool idea to save up for down the road. Although I have seen those peel-on faux stained glass treatments at Home Depot. Could be something to try down the line.

• ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Beth, very good point! And yes I love coupons and saving $$$ :)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 anni fa

Chrome spots so I would leave the brushed nickel and do the brushed nickel on the other pieces you put in the room, like towel rings, hooks, toilet tissue stand alones etc.

ilovewhitekitchens ha ringraziato Flo Mangan
  • ilovewhitekitchens
    Autore originale
    7 anni fa

Beverly, I like how the green in that artwork looks in the space. I wouldn't have thought of that!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    7 anni fa

Space needs some contrast so the green works. Likely turquoise will work also

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    7 anni fa

You could try a really great looking mirror like you see in one of our designs posted below.

Modern Desert Contemporary Residence · Maggiori informazioni

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".