Houzz Logo Print
sweetsarahbeth

My ikea kitchen reveal wouldn't be nearly as cool without this forum!

Thank you again to everyone who took the time to help me rethink my kitchen design! Changing the island to a peninsula was a stroke of genius and I love my big breakfast bar with the love of a thousand loves!

We just got done waterloxing the counters, which is why they're bare.

and I had my builder hack a 90° corner cabinet out of some ikea uppers. It's not the prettiest thing ever, but it's functional!

We moved from the bus a couple weeks ago, so we have zero furniture downstairs yet. Even the table in the background is temporary (it hails from a time when there were less than 6 of us eating together!)

Commenti (47)

• sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Here is a close up of the open shelves

And a bonus laundry room pic:

• User
    8 anni fa

What a beautiful kitchen. So spacious. I love all the wood elements - flooring, shelving and your countertops. Really warms the space. Congrats and I love those blue floors too!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato User
  • rjknsf
    8 anni fa

I bet the kids are loving it! Looks great!!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato rjknsf
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@rjknsf they definitely are! Everybody assumed that the kids had a blast living in the bus, but they didn't really love it!

• rjknsf
    8 anni fa
    I read that in your blog!! Your family is starting out on a whole new adventure now!

What are those blue floors? Stained concrete?
    sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato rjknsf
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@rjknsf yes, stained and sealed concrete. We thought it would be fun and inexpensive and if we didn't like it, it wouldn't be too hard to put something over it, but so far I love it!

• rebunky
    8 anni fa

Oh I've been waiting for this one. It looks fantastic. You should be so happy and proud of all your hard work. Plus living on the bus with kids during it all....not easy. Kudos.

I especially love the butcherblock countertops with matching open shelves with the black brackets to tie perfectly with the cabinet hardware.

Remind us what your wood floors are too. That blue concrete floor is awesome!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato rebunky
  • mgmum
    8 anni fa

It looks awesome! Great job!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato mgmum
  • jmarino19
    8 anni fa

Lovely and functional. Good luck in your new kitchen.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato jmarino19
  • bossyvossy
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Very fresh and pretty w/o being trendy

ETA:. Huge Windows, my heart's desire!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato bossyvossy
  • DLM2000-GW
    8 anni fa

It all looks fantastic - just the right mix of white and wood to warm it up. Not a thing wrong with that corner cabinet, either - looks perfect to me. Fun blue floors and I bet they are easy peasy to care for.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato DLM2000-GW
  • nosoccermom
    8 anni fa

I just love white kitchens with some wood and blue!

What kind of shelf brackets did you use (the black ones)?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato nosoccermom
  • User
    8 anni fa

I love the blue floor-it would make me smile every time I looked at it.

• Wendy
    8 anni fa

Congrats, you did great! I really like it a lot, both look-wise and feeling-wise.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato Wendy
  • cpartist
    8 anni fa

It came out great! Love the wood counters and especially those lights over the peninsula. Now where are the pics for the rest of the house?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato cpartist
  • lkalzamora100
    8 anni fa

Love your open shelves. I am planning some in my kitchen. Could you tell me where you got the brackets. Normally I prefer floating shelves but yours really look nice and understated.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato lkalzamora100
  • ILoveRed
    8 anni fa

Beautiful. Kudos to you and your family!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato ILoveRed
  • mabeldingeldine
    8 anni fa

Great job! I hope you get many, many years of happiness from it! I also love the blue floors! What concrete stain did you use?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato mabeldingeldine
  • User
    8 anni fa

Wow! It turned out lovely. I bet it's fun walking into the new kitchen now. St. Louis just got their first Ikea.. I haven't been yet. I'm afraid to because I know I'll want a new kitchen!!

• sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you all! It's currently my favorite place in the house!

@rebunky the floors are a laminate called "perigold pine" by bel air

@nosoccermom the shelf brackets are simply spray painted gas pipes.

@cpartist they're coming! I just like the kitchen forum better than the building forum :) people here are nicer ;)

@ikalzamora Thanks! I was going to do wrought iron corbels, but they would have made the bottom shelf too high to be functional for my five foot self since I didn't want to cut into the backsplash to mount them, so this worked out nicely. I believe they're just from home depot.

@mabeldinegelding it was a poppy blue water based stain from home depot that was only available online, I can't think of the brand name off hand though... Eagle maybe?

• bpath
    8 anni fa

That's lovely! The pendants, so cool. And I hear ya on the peninsula. Every time I think about my kitchen plans, I do NOT want to give up my peninsula :)

How do you access the blind corner? Can you access it from the breakfast nook side?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato bpath
  • just_janni
    8 anni fa

Love that blue floor - and congrats on a wonderful build and a great kitchen that works for you and your family - Bravo!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato just_janni
  • Kippy
    8 anni fa

I love it

What size is the sink? Assuming ikea, how do you like it so far?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato Kippy
  • malabacat
    8 anni fa

Love your kitchen! The pendants look so nice in your space. And your counters are beautiful! Love that blue floor too!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato malabacat
  • nosoccermom
    8 anni fa

Genius idea with the gas pipes. How are they attached? Do you have a link?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato nosoccermom
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@bpathome it's not letting me attach a picture, but the BCC has an ikea corner cabinet in it with a pull out lazy Susan. So far I love it for my colander and mixing bowls and bread machine.

@kippy it's a 30" sink, but it's a barclay fireclay sink that I got half off on wayfair.com. We didn't do ikea for any of the appliances etc, just the cabs and countertop. So far I love it, but it did immediately get a tiny chip near the drain. Since its fireclay, it's white all the way through and you can't really tell, but it's kind of a bummer.

@nosoccermom the pipes are just bolted directly to the drywall with inserts. I still need to sharpie the bolt heads!

• barncatz
    8 anni fa

Your kitchen is adorable. Is the butcherblock from Ikea? Can you tell me about it and about how you finished it? I love it.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato barncatz
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@barncatz thank you! The butcherblock is the Hammarp from ikea. We didn't stain it or anything, we only sanded it and then applied 5 coats of waterlox, including one final coat of the satin, sanding once more after the 3rd coat.

• AKJR
    8 anni fa

Congrats! Your kitchen turned out great! Glad you like the peninsula! It all looks great! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the house pics!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato AKJR
  • mama goose_gw zn6OH
    8 anni fa

Congratulations on the move! The kitchen looks great, and I'm happy to hear that you are all enjoying it. Love the open shelves, and the laundry room floor.

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato mama goose_gw zn6OH
  • barncatz
    8 anni fa

Thank you so much for the info. Don't you love Ikea names?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato barncatz
  • mrspete
    8 anni fa

Wonderful! I love butcherblock countertop. I hope you're going to include some nice blue accessories and linens to tie into those great blue pendants.

I love the blue floor too -- such a vibrant color! It's concrete? Is it slick at all?

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato mrspete
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@mrspete it is slick because it has two coats of sealer on it, but not slick enough to make it dangerous. I don't think. Maybe. I guess we'll see!

And yes, I am planning on blue accessories!

One of my inspiration pics was a white kitchen with butcher block and dark blue subway back splash. I wasn't brave enough to take the plunge, so accessories it is!

• User
    8 anni fa

Very nice! Love that expanse of stained butcherblock countertop with the white cabinets and wood floor. Cool easy-reach corner upper too. I would love to see pictures of this kitchen taken during daytime. I'm a sucker for natural light, lots and lots of it, and you have the right sized windows to let that light in. My kind of kitchen.

• User
    8 anni fa

And last but not least: your little guy is super cute too!

• Kim Ladin
    8 anni fa

Very inspiring to this future Ikea kitchen remodeler! Thanks for sharing!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato Kim Ladin
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@pippabean the kitchen does get a lot of natural light, but it illuminates all the crumbs on the floor from the kids! After bedtime is the best opportunity I have for taking pictures of a relatively clean kitchen undisturbed :)

• shelayne
    8 anni fa

It turned out beautifully! And I like your fun laundry room floor, too. I agree about your peninsula- that looks like a perfect set up for you. It is all so pretty- you must be over the moon! Your little peanut is absolutely adorable. :)

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato shelayne
  • raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
    8 anni fa

love the inventive brackets made of piping! and your EZ reach corner wall cab -- I was going to similarly hack base cabinets to make the small corner that I needed, but I chickened out!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@shelayne he's darn lucky he's so cute because otherwise he might not have made it this far! ;)

@raee the cabinet was rather tricky for my builder and took a bit of finagling, so I feel fortunate that it worked out as well as it did. It's not something I would have felt comfortable trying to do myself! But then again, I'm a chicken too :)

• Petra
    8 anni fa

Lovely kitchen!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato Petra
  • nancyjwb
    8 anni fa

It turned out so well, you must be thrilled! Wishing you many happy years in it.

I have ikea butcher block with waterlox and I really Iike it. Hope you do too!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato nancyjwb
  • sweetsarahbeth
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@nancyjwb how long have you had it? Have you ever had to redo it? Do you worry about around the sink? Is there anything special you do to take care of it? How do you clean it?

I've done a lot of research, but nobody else I know has them!

• practigal
    8 anni fa

Wonderful! Wonderful! You clearly did your research and boy does it show what a wonderful kitchen!

sweetsarahbeth ha ringraziato practigal
  • ascorsonelli
    7 anni fa

Somehow I missed this reveal! Fun seeing the big picture after only glimpses on Insta. :) Love it all!

• Steiger S
    7 anni fa

Your kitchen is beautiful! Are you still loving it? I think we'll be doing an Ikea kitchen soon.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".