Houzz Logo Print
brendan6178

Back Yard BBQ Island Ideas

brendan6178
8 anni fa
Ultima modifica:8 anni fa

I saw this BBQ Island website and it drove me BBQ-Island crazy! Some of these designs look like I may be able to DIY it, but I want some Houzzer's opinions before I undertake this project.

Has anyone attempted something like this before? If so, how did it turn out?

Thanks!

Commenti (6)

• PRO
    SolutionForSpaces
    8 anni fa

hi! There are a couple of options: brief to get you started

1) Here is an outdoor cabinet product you can research, not sure your location, look up "Nature Kast weatherproof cabinetry! It is amazing. the cabinetry come same as doing an interior kitchen. Our installer, cut off a piece of this cabinetry and put it in a jar of water, 1 year later it is exactly the same. It is amazing

OUTDOOR KITCHEN SHOWROOM · Maggiori informazioni

2) There is a product called Grayson Woods, who make the frame for you to brick or stone. I believe they have standard sizes and custom.

A few things to consider, try pick your appliances and grills you want first,

then you will know what size/measurements and specs you need, propane/gas/electrical

some grills if built in cabinetry, need a liner.

something to get you started! well worth your time having an outdoor kitchen.

lots of counter top space is most important in an outdoor kitchen.

Hope that give you some food for thought!

Paula

• PRO
    Aspen Falls Landscape & Construction
    8 anni fa

Just one piece of advice, if you do DIY, please hire a professional to install the gas line and an electrician to do the electrical work. Other then that, if you have the time and are pretty handy and do some good measuring you should be good to go!

We like to use Belgard pavers for our kitchens.

• brendan6178
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

Thank you 4 Seasons, Aspenfalls, and Patricia for your advice! Those outdoor cabinets look great, I've done some research and may use them. I will certainly hire a professional to run gas and electric! A grillzebo sounds like it would be a cool addition, but where I live it doesn't get too cold so I may skip that one for now.

Thanks for your helful input everyone!

• Maxwell VII
    8 anni fa

Some of those are definitely able to be DIY, while I would not consider others to be; however, I am going according to my own skill level.

A lot of people have done this on their own, and it turned out great. Check out some youtube vids of people who have. It will more than likely assist you with increasing your confidence level.

• suezbell
    8 anni fa

What does the rest of your back yard actually look like -- do you already have a backyard patio/living space you really use; if not you may want to start with one and building only that for now, then using a regular grill for a time first to see how the traffic flows in your new space and how much you actually use the outside space.

Looks great but do ask yourself if you really do grill often enough now to justify this kind of project or is this likely going to be money wasted.

Carefully consider the size of your back yard before you choose the style you want to build.

Consider whether the project you choose would enable you to change out and replace and/or upgrade your grill if you wanted to do so -- such as if it starts to rust.

Check building codes before building anything permanent.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".