Houzz Logo Print
joanne_penney95

Grey room what colour carpet

Joanne Burman
8 anni fa
Just finished painting our living room farrow and ball Cornforth White.
Wondering what colour carpet to go for any suggestions?
Also, what colour accessories. Was thinking of black frames and a black coffee table. Lamps and a floor lamp..
TV will go on the chimney breast
Any other suggestions?

Commenti (17)

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    8 anni fa

Hi Joanne, you have a lovely room and right now it is a blank canvas. Colour scheme can be anything you like!!! Let's start from do you have any favourite colours? :) Do you have any furniture? Any existing wall art? Any hint on what did you have in mind when you started make over? :)

• Joanne Burman
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    Hi, thank you so much for your reply. I am quite a plain Jane really, I like neutrals & a cosy feel. I do like black and maybe a Pop of mustard:yellow!
    We are buying new furniture and I think maybe Matt black.. We have a light grey sofa but I want to buy a feature chair or a couple of small chairs to place away from the walls together near to the fire.. ?? What do you think? I am open to suggestions of other colours if you have any suggestions x
  • Joanne Burman
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I love the look of this room
  • PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    8 anni fa

What do you think of Kelly Hoppen style? Dark flooring gives lovely contract and creates sophisticated interior, especially if you like bold colours.

Or you prefer light floor?

• Joanne Burman
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I like the design, I think I will be forced to go with carpet due to budget but I like the colour of the neutral rug as a carpet..
    What would you put in that room furniture wise? Would u go for black or wood?
  • Joanne Burman
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I think that room is a little dark for my taste, it maybe the black woodwork. We have ordered a white cafe style shutter for the bay window and the woodwork will be painted all white F&B.. It has only been primed so far.
  • PRO
    Carpet and Flooring Concepts
    8 anni fa

I would go for a slate grey twist so it's complementing your wall colours and bring in nice vibrant colours in smaller items like teal yellow or orange for throws and cushions Tec.

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    8 anni fa

If you like light colour scheme, then arrange colours from black+grey+light grey or white and then add chosen accent colour in accessories. I don't know how big your room, I would add 2 or 3 seater sofa, facing fireplace, something like high wing back chair with side table at the bay window, coffee table in center and couple of foot stools.

• PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    8 anni fa

If you consider light carpet and black sofa, then I would suggest getting a light colour (white/light cream/light grey) wing back chair, black coffee table and foot stool with pattern (black+light colour as chair)

• minnie101
    8 anni fa

Hi Joanne. I think a matt black table may overpower the room a little. Perhaps look for something with a black frame or legs or even a glass table table to maximise feeling of space. If the budget can stretch I would go for wood, something similar to what you have with grey'ish and blonde tones or sand your floor. Pic frames would keep fairly thin if in black. You could stick to the colour palette you have and add texture and pattern and just add splashes of colour in art and with good quality faux flowers. Mustard I think is a little strong against pale grey but perhaps shades of blue, green or grape or muted tones mixed with a little darker grey. The room may be too small for 2 chairs but draw templates and try. If not one chair would be great angled against the cabinet. If you need extra seating consider an upholstered footstool instead of a coffee table. What type of ŵall lights are you having as that will dictate what goes in the alcoves? I hope you don't mind me saying but I would paint the picture rail grey, it looks a little low so will increase ceiling height and you won't have the break with the chimney breast. If you do have to go for carpet, paint a piece of card and take it along to the carpet shop with you.

• PRO
    Amelia Pearson Interiors
    8 anni fa

Hi Joanne, one of our latest projects The Laurels has incorporated grey as a key colour throughout.http://www.houzz.co.uk/projects/1565781/the-laurels

The Laurels · Maggiori informazioni

• Genia Rolfe-Smith
    8 anni fa

In the room like that, very neutral, and if you plan to buy black furniture, black frames would be too ascetic to my view, too office like, I would blend a shiny metal, I would go for copper/gold/silver accessories like bowls and lamps. Or go for golden/silver frames and mirrors with guilt frames , glass and gold will make it brighter and cozier in this scenario a bright missoni type carpet can enhance the whole look.

• mrsmcee74
    8 anni fa
    Hi I think maybe a natural grass carpet like sisal, it adds the warmth to a room that wood would normally bring, it would go well with the black elements you want to bring in, and it adds a lot of texture. I think grey carpet, grey walls can look a bit cold and flat especially with black .
  • cavgirl
    8 anni fa
    Would you not consider doing something with those lovely floorboards and adding a statement rug?
  • PRO
    AlenaCDesign
    8 anni fa

Looks great Joanne! :)

• Emmeline Westin
    8 anni fa

Beautiful! I love the wall colour and am slightly envious as would like something similar for my living room (the grey shade in our room is slightly lilac!).

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".