Other

Commenti (30)

• PRO
    Wood Essentials Ltd
    8 anni fa

Ebay

• tooky58
    8 anni fa

We've found some of our best art at outdoor shows ie Rocky mtn elk, western show etc. Get to meet the artist, have it signed. I bought an artist proof, low number, low run (total of 15) for $125, from someone new to duck stamp prints who I could not afford now.

• PRO
    Kayylö
    8 anni fa

We have many talented artist friends and we usually do shopping from their homes! Sometimes we check online galleries as well.

• havingfun
    8 anni fa

I buy the neglected and no longer loved art.

• Rebecca Hicks
    8 anni fa

We seek out art shows----many fine artists here in Texas. We also shop the Round Top antique show . It is really fantastic. I was in a consignment shop yesterday and bought a signed and numbered lithograph for $20.00. We have developed quite a little collection for ourselves. Some were big splurges for us and some are just lucky little finds. All different kinds of medium, also.

• Momof5x
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

It depends, if it is a special piece of work, I tend to look at local art galleries in the malls that are on display every so often by the artists themselves and if something else then my local home decor center.

• kjgietzen
    8 anni fa
    Local art shows, direct from the artists.
  • PRO
    Wilson Lighting
    8 anni fa

Well we have to toot our own horn ;) We have some pretty great art collections, especially at our Naples location. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lG3SW4wVnU

• havingfun
    8 anni fa

oh, that was just so sad :- (

• Jessica Kerry Mack
    8 anni fa

Antique shows, yard sales, flea markets - you never know what you'll find! 50c painting worth much more.

• PRO
    Jimmy's Art Work
    8 anni fa

If you are interested in originals or prints, please visit my website at: www.jimmyclarkjr.com

Some examples of my art work.

• PRO
    The Giphoscope
    7 anni fa

You can have a look to our Giphoscope: it's such a unique piece of art and craftsmanship, as it turns your favorite digital video clip into a real-life, interactive sculpture, handmade in italy with devotion ;-) Ciao!

• User
    7 anni fa

I've inherited a couple, I have talented friends. I don't know if they are considered fine art or not but I love them so in my home they are.

• User
    7 anni fa

Please consider my works posted here for your homes

• PRO
    The Lighthouse Candle
    7 anni fa
    Home Decor stores don't usually sell Fine Art, just crap
  • havingfun
    7 anni fa

yes, i do not feel it is appropriate for me to declare something fine art or not. i do know it does not come from a regular retailer. it does not come with the title canvas art, wall art, glicee, etc.

• User
    7 anni fa

Art is like beauty, in the eye of the beholder.

• havingfun
    7 anni fa

exactamundo!

• PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    7 anni fa

If you are in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina, check out Bev's Fine Art off of Six Forks! Absolutely stunning works of art!

• havingfun
    7 anni fa

pls raise your right hand if you think there is any hope of getting to six forks nc?

• mariebrumbach
    7 anni fa

Check out fineartamerica.com for art originals, prints, framed or unframed, etc. and even Etsy

• clubnev
    7 anni fa

Traveling art shows. I love a good nature photography pic and seem to have the best luck meeting the photographer at a show and having a discussion. All I've worked with are happy to give ideas and work with me on size. Sometimes we have spent a few hundred. Other times maybe $50. All have been willing to help no matter what the sale.

• havingfun
    7 anni fa

i find that i did not list my favorite online. that would be etsy and saatchiart - international, stunning.

• tatts
    7 anni fa

Art shows, student art shows, artist studio shows, art co-ops.

• User
    7 anni fa
    We live in a major city and the Art Institute students sell their art 2x/year. It's thoughtful and they explain their inspirations and messages....often it's tied to class projects. We love supporting new artists and find the art is more inspiring when there is meaning behind the aesthetics.
  • User
    7 anni fa
    We live in a major city and the Art Institute students sell their art 2x/year. Their art is often tied to an inspiration or a project from school. We love supporting young artists and find inspiration from their stories....it makes us appreciate it more and not just for the aesthetics.
  • PRO
    Seattle Art Source
    7 anni fa

For those in Washington State, Seattle Art Source would be a great way to scout for original artwork from local fine artists. Your purchase directly goes to support professional artists AND you end up with a truly original unique and original work of art.

Seattleartsource.com

• PRO
    Gerety Building and Restoration
    7 anni fa

Princess Leia, I never considered searching out local art schools. I'll have to try that! I agree with a lot of the other commenters that I'm in no place to distinguish if it's "fine art" or not. Because of that, I would be less likely to spend serious money on a piece from a famous artist, and instead would rather spend less money on a piece from a local artist.

Design Direct NWI ha ringraziato Gerety Building and Restoration
  • havingfun
    7 anni fa

to those that feel like gerety, i was raised with art museums. i quickly learned there are 3 types of famous art, those that are great and those that have lasted forever. think some of the intinerent travelers, or one hit wonders.

Recently there have been 2 remarkable events. a gentleman who bought what he wanted and died with money and donated all if they would put the museum in his order. it took years but recently a large museum built another museum so the collection in the order he desired.

Not going to die rich? well a middle class couple has been collecting since 50s or 60s. when they went to art shows they always bought a piece that spoke to them. not a famous one in the bunch. they have too much for their walls. a museum is opening them a room with their name in return for a donation of the works. not a penny donated by the couple.

finally, you know what they say, art and antiques should be bought because you love them, since they may never be worth anything. buy it where you can love it and you will never be sorry.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".