Houzz Logo Print
emmelinewe

POLL: Matt or glossy kitchen?

Which cabinet finish do you have in your kitchen? Or which finish are you going for if you're currently planning a kitchen upgrade?

Matt or glossy - what do you prefer?

Matt
Glossy
Other - tell us below!

Commenti (387)

• PRO
    Nohbec
    7 anni fa

We find our clients really love matt kitchens.

• PRO
    Naylor and Fay
    7 anni fa

We have found our clients love matt finishes.

• PRO
    Country Image
    7 anni fa

Matt finishes tend to be more practical, and they look so good.

• PRO
    Metal Monkey Designs
    7 anni fa

Our clients love the sleek look that gloss provides!

• PRO
    Sacha Barnes Limited
    7 anni fa

Matt is easier on the eye.

• PRO
    pb bespoke kitchens
    7 anni fa

This bespoke high gloss kitchen was manufactured and installed by pb bespoke kitchens for a large house in Battersea about 8 years ago. Since then our clients have opted for hand painted matt or mid sheen finishes.

• PRO
    Crescent Architects Ltd
    7 anni fa

Prefer matt in dark colours

• PRO
    Starfish Interiors
    7 anni fa

Really depends on the client/age/style of house, durability and longevity style wise? Matt absolutely! if you want high def faddish now style, for the throwaway consumer? gloss all the way!

• PRO
    User
    7 anni fa

Glossy is easy to clean but matt seems to be the going trend at the moment and still very easy to clean using a microfibre cloth

• PRO
    Hawkespur Ltd
    7 anni fa

We find that our clients prefer matte kitchens in modern homes.

• PRO
    Grange Kitchens
    7 anni fa

I think it will reflect more light in to you room.

• PRO
    Adornas Kitchens & Interiors
    7 anni fa

We love matt kitchens! Easy to keep clean, but also luxurious!

• PRO
    MAKING THE WORLD BEAUTIFUL
    7 anni fa

We prefer matt style

• Dan Jones
    7 anni fa

We find matt kitchens look great!

• PRO
    Blax German Kitchens
    7 anni fa

Luxurious and modern homes look great with Matt kitchens, definately something for the professional person...

• PRO
    Point 5 Kitchens Ltd
    7 anni fa

Definitely glossy

• PRO
    Mobalpa Ealing
    7 anni fa

why not have a contrast - be unique!

• PRO
    Nadia Antiques and Reproduction Furniture
    7 anni fa

We love Glossy kitchens!

• PRO
    Le Lay Architects
    7 anni fa

Matt kitchens

• PRO
    1st Choice Decorators
    7 anni fa

matt looks a lot better

• PRO
    Express Marbles & Granite LTD
    7 anni fa

I must say am definitely a gloss fun.

• PRO
    County Interiors
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

Depending on the size of the room, gloss will give a more spacious appearance from reflections in a small room but matt works very well in for large empty rooms.

• PRO
    Redwood Joinery Limited
    7 anni fa

Just bought a Victorian House. Matt is definitely more in character with the building for me!

• PRO
    Oasys Property Solutions
    7 anni fa

I prefer matt, but then perhaps am biased having just had a matt black and white kitchen installed. To me, there are already enough reflective surfaces in the kitchen in the form of ovens, hobs etc that the matt provides a nice contrast. Perhaps we took it to the extreme with a matt glass splashback and tap!

96HR Extensions, remodelling & refurbishment · Maggiori informazioni
    96HR Extensions, remodelling & refurbishment · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    SVK GROUP LTD
    7 anni fa

Our clients prefer glossy kitchens because they go well with the lightings and the space.

• PRO
    Jerome Walden Cabinet Makers
    7 anni fa

We think matt finishes work nicely .

• PRO
    Lifestyle Designs NE Ltd
    7 anni fa

Matt is Definitely on trend at the minute.

• PRO
    Any Old Lights Ltd
    7 anni fa

Matt every time - oozes contemporary and will never date.

• PRO
    Sheraton Interiors
    7 anni fa

I vote Matt!

• PRO
    Peter Hince
    7 anni fa

Matt all day but in durable paint!

• PRO
    Red Leaf Kitchens & Interiors
    7 anni fa

Why note try a bit of both, one of our new kitchen displays in our showroom have matt wall units and high gloss floor units, and some colour added in with a glass splash back

• PRO
    Kitchen Care Stafford
    7 anni fa

Matt for us, so much more practical for everyday use.

Previous projects · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Ashwood Artisan
    7 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 7 anni fa

I prefer matt as it doesn't show all the finger marks

• PRO
    Your Hubb
    7 anni fa
    Gloss. Easy to keep clean and looks great. Definately helps in smaller kitchens so the light bounces off to make the room feel bigger and brighter.
  • PRO
    Wood Works Brighton
    7 anni fa

Matt is a much easier finish to keep clean .

• brendan_p_donegan
    6 anni fa

I find the comments here very interesting and useful. We had our kitchen custom made twelve years ago.

We chose spraying in low sheen 25%. The kitchen was fitted "raw" and then removed to the spray shop. The finish has proved so durable and easy to clean that it is only now going to have a colour change.

Twelve years of the same (F&B) colour sounds so boring but the time has flown. The rest of the room including ceiling has been repainted every three years or four years.

So now, I am awaiting samples of Brassica and Pelt either being the potential solution for the island and either Dove Tail or Manor House for the cabinets

I may send the doors and draw fronts away for spraying and use aerosol paint (available in F&B colours) for the framing and any visible side panels plus the island.

Any thoughts please on these potential choices.

Blimey! What a long post and my first here at that.

Thank you

• brendan_p_donegan
    6 anni fa

P.S. Has the Grey Ship sailed?

• PRO
    DN DESIGN
    6 anni fa

Glossy all the way for me. Perfect for bouncing light around the room and I find the sheen adds texture and dimension in the room. Our kitchen is very busy with two small children running around and we have no trouble with the doors, even covered in little finger and handprints. Eggshell is also a great choice if you are in neutral territory with these choice - Brendan, the F&B is a wonderful choice, very durable and long lasting as you know. Don't worry, the grey ship hasn't sailed yet - I don't think it will for quite some time yet! Brassica is a beautiful shade, but will be quite grey and powerful - perhaps team with a lighter, brighter colour or a bold colourful shade. Little Greene also have some wonderful colours. Hope this helps!

• brendan_p_donegan
    6 anni fa

Thank you for that Danielle - very helpful.

The eventual colour choice, if I go for respraying, will be F&B because the sprayers and aerosol suppliers (the latter for DIY) do not make up Little Greene colours, if however I decide on hand painting, the choice of manufacturer would widen to include LG.

• janyeo33
    5 anni fa

Well i came on here confused as to what to have for my new kitchen and am leaving more confused than ever..I still love a modern matt shaker but my husband thinks it looks old fashioned now and prefers 'shiny' "We have been trying to make up our mind so long, i think moving might be the answer"I ant it too look fabulous but also not plasticy looking. Please some of you itchen companies, tell me what you find looks best and whether a tiled or laminate or wood floor now complete the look more at this time. Also i am thinking of Silestone Quartz tops does anyone feel they would not recommend those having had them? Help will be appreciated.

xx

• Utente-224723873
    3 anni fa

Please think again if you have young children ! Listen to a mother of a 2 yr old artist who has just decorated every door of my matte grey kitchen !

• Utente-536117634
    3 anni fa

There are many water based varnishes - Polyvine being one of them in a Dead flat finish that leave painted surfaces very protected and washable.

• None None
    3 anni fa

Both, nice contrast

• E D
    3 anni fa

What’s with all these nameless HUs, digging up 5 year old threads? 🤷‍♂️😅

• Ruth House
    3 anni fa

we loved gloss in our previous house, dedicated kitchen space so reflection bounced light and so easy to clean kids finger prints.

now we're planning open plan kitchen diner I'm thinking maybe matt as don't want to be looking at my own reflection from other side of room?

• E D
    3 anni fa

Do they still sell gloss kitchens?

😂

• PRO
    RD Glass
    3 anni fa

Literally in the process of redoing the kitchen at the moment and went for matt with a slight sheen. I personally think both can work well - i.e matt units with a glossy worktop for example, but entirely glossy units are too much for me.

• Fattyma Sherif
    2 anni fa

There are lots of posts on here complaining about how difficult it is to clean matt kitchens. Does anyone have the same problem?

• Shelly Anne Finney
    2 anni fa

It depends on how you use your kitchen I suppose. My family of (clumsy) tea drinkers have permanently stained my Matt cupboard doors. I'll never choose Matt again personally but this might not be an issue for you depending on who uses your kitchen &

• andrew fitch
    2 anni fa

Matt or Gloss are both very nice. There are so many other things to consider, it really depends on what kind of overall look you are creating.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Talk it through with your local Kitchen shop or other related trades, like tile shops etc.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".