Houzz Logo Print
tyler_johnson1

Fireplace makeover?

Tyler Johnson
8 anni fa
Would love some opinions on what color to turn the fireplace. Just bought this home and have completely redone the living room. My wife was originally opposed to changing the color but after painting the walls and the cabinets different shades of gray she now agrees with me that the fireplace looks out of place. So any ideas I will take them thank you!

Commenti (8)

• ycity
    8 anni fa
    I like the natural brick. Just think you should change or paint the fireplace screen, and beef up the shelves and you are good to go!
  • Patty Serpone
    8 anni fa
    I like the brick too! My brother in law painted his brick white then went over it with a sander... But I do like yours with the colors you have chosen.
  • Tyler Johnson
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa
    I like the idea of replacing the fireplace screen cause the gold is rather dated. We have thought about leaving it natural brick but some how brightening it up as it's rather dull. Anyone got any tips or tricks to make the red pop more?
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    8 anni fa

I would paint the brick white or at least white wash the brick. I would also change the firescreen to match the arch of the brick close to the opening of the firebox.

Light Limewash example on fireplace

Heavier limewash on brick

• PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8 anni fa

I like the lime washed brick and the bigger lack screen ideas. I'd also look at painting the herringbone wood a much darker shade of grey . Almost black. I'd also take a look at painting the beams on the ceiling that same shade.

• PRO
    Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
    8 anni fa

Oh........a funky chandelier like this one will finish it off. Keep the shape round.

• PRO
    Design Platform
    8 anni fa

Consider an even darker color, shades like charcoal or gunmetal.

Langley-Hawthorne Residence · Maggiori informazioni

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".