Houzz Logo Print
lh1070

Back yard needs...something.

Tonya
8 anni fa
Any landscape or decor tips for pulling my yard together? Platform deck just added, as well freshly painted garage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Commenti (9)

• TanCalGal
    8 anni fa

I'd remove the unused pots from in from of the garage. Maybe plant tomatoes there or an herb garden?

Repeat the "orange" colors of the garage and the umbrella. Either buy 5 orange pillows for the chairs or 5 new orange seat pads for the chairs. A white vase for the center of the table.

Residential Pool · Maggiori informazioni

• nwduck
    8 anni fa

On that strip between the sidewalk and the platform, I think I'd do a combo perennial (lavender, blackeyed susans, catmint maybe) and herb garden (rosemary, chives, basil, sage) rather than just grass. Would provide a little color and easy pickings for cooking. If your little white table there would do an umbrella, I'd get a blue one (blue and orange are opposites on the color wheel, and look pretty well together). Then, I'd find a service table to put by the barbeque, also in blue, adding in some fun orange, yellow, green and blue accent pieces (placemats, table planter, etc.)

• miacometlady
    8 anni fa
    Why did you start another post?
  • PRO
    Bedrock Remodeling & Building Inc
    8 anni fa
    Nice fire pit paved island between the deck to the building and instead of the walk way nice stepping stone ( flag stone ) leading to the deck and the fire pit island
    Some planting for the night deck to create nice background frame ;)
  • tippie64
    8 anni fa
    Some plants with color. An umbrella.
  • pcmom1
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

An orange rug like this under the dining table. And plant lots of orange day lilies!

Heliotrope II · Maggiori informazioni
    Great Plant Combinations · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

I think the framed overhead structure, from pcmom would make a big difference.

Here are a few more thoughts to consider.

Complete the fencing, so the dog can come outside and sun on the new deck or in a chair.

Give the 8' lath panel to your neighbor to accompany theirs, or plant a vine on it.

Level the swing or put it onto pavement.

Plant tall dense shrubs or evergreens along fence from corner of house to the garage, then invite neighbor you just screened out of view over for dinner on your new deck.

At the garage, in line with the left edge of the walk toward the garage, plant a tree that will provide more shade, and cause the path a greater reason to move to the right.

Whereever the grass gets trampled between the path and the deck, add brick pavers or flagstones.

Move the portable fire pit over onto the concrete by the garage.

By the house, where all the utility meters adorn the wall, remove an area of the grass, add pavement or gravel, and reposition the pork cookers from by the dining table.

Finally, move the table and chairs from the new deck, add a mirrrored ball to the new overhead structure, turn up the volume and dance.

• PRO
    Cambridge Pavingstones with ArmorTec
    8 anni fa

You can update your backyard with pavingstons by Cambridge with Armortec. Consider replacing your current concrete walkway and eating area with pavingstones. Once you have the pavingstone base, you can add on outdoor living amenities, like a fire pit or outdoor kitchen. You can accomplish this by first visiting our website and viewing the magnificent photos in our electronic brochure and our gallery. By linking to Cambridge’s Designscape Visualizer you can upload a picture of the front of your home and actually re-design using Cambridge Pavingstones and Wallstones. Visit our website at www.cambridgepavers.com.

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".