Houzz Logo Print
jachtr

Long Back Yard

Jane Moore
8 anni fa
We are out of ideas for our long (220 foot x about 40 feet wide) backyard for a Tuscan stone, brick and stucco house. How can we design the yard for less water and great use?

Commenti (6)

• W
    8 anni fa
    How about a bocci court? http://houzz.com/photos/38550
  • miacometlady
    8 anni fa
    Extend hard scape which will eliminate more grass and build a cedar pergola. Add deep mulch hardens, curved, around perimeter to reduce grass, including extending a garden around pergola with retaining wall.
  • PRO
    Cascio Associates - Site Planning - Landscape Arch
    8 anni fa

You want less water and greater use.

For less water, employ native groundcovers and grasses.

For greater use, we have to see your wish list to know what to plan for you.

I was just advising another family, thinking of reducing their lawn area, of all the games that can be played on an open lawn. It doesn't look like you have any kids about, so here are a few that might intrigue your adult visitors.

With balls and racquets you can play badminton, beach tennis, soft tennis, and volleyball. You can engage in bocce on grass without the surrounds, but it is not the same. Lawn bowling. You can play horseshoes with rubber horseshoes to not damage the grass, with posts that you can just pull up after the competition. If you want to put in a normal horseshoe game, email me and I'll send you the layout. Croquet of course, is a very competitive game, and has very serious competitions, in Palm Beach, Florida at least.

There is plenty of room for a golf putting course, but you would need to mow the grass shorter, and it may not be amenable to that.

It is the perfect size and shape for an archery range. You could also play archery golf, using the metal croquet wickets, with paper sandwich bags over them to be more visible.

I am sure you have thought of many more adult games. Why not just sit back with your Tuscan wine and enjoy the magnificent view.

cascio.offsite@gmail.com

• PRO
    Summerwood Products
    8 anni fa

Summerwood Garden Sheds · Maggiori informazioni

A custom-built garden shed or gazebo may be the focal point you need to build your yard around. Please check out our Houzz page or website at www.summerwood.com for lots of ideas and inspiration!

• PRO
    Bedrock Remodeling & Building Inc
    8 anni fa
    Their is so much you can do their
    Nice large patio
    BBQ island with bar
    Fire pit area and more
    I recommend you start with making a list of what you like to have and then plan it :)
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".