Houzz Logo Print
cris_rigby

Need ideas for a multi purpouse room for teens

Cris Rigby
8 anni fa

I do not have a photo, but hopefully the plans attached are OK. It is a beach house and room for "all times":

Sleep, play Xbox and watch TV, maybe a small table to play games(study). Must have sleep and games/TV play./chat, the rest is optional. Where should I place the door - builders need a decision by Monday, how should I place furniture? 2 boys 12 and 15....

Commenti (9)

• Luke Buckle
    8 anni fa

It is a bit tricky with the door from the entry and the window at the front of the house.

Your TV screen will have to be on the garage wall, so your seating is the real challenge.

How about two arm chairs facing the screen and maybe a moveable two seater under the window??

• Luke Buckle
    8 anni fa

I had another thought. Why not close off that kitchen entrance? Extra storage/bench space in what looks like a reasonably tight kitchen could be worth the inconvenience of one entry. Plus you minimise noise to kitchen and dining area where parents are likely to be.

• PRO
    Bristow Design
    8 anni fa

One option would be to take out the media room walls and door opposite the entrance door. Replace the walls with 2 large corner joining sliding doors. When the doors are open the media room forms part of the living area. The doors can be closed in various combinations to suite the requirements of the room.

• Car Mil
    8 anni fa
    I'd be inclined to move games room door to dining room side. As I would have concerns of any bathroom breaks/snack breaks would be interrupting to bed 2 occupant. Also does make this area less isolated from rest home home: As for furniture placement Projector/Tv on garage wal side and lounge/chairs opposite side.
  • silvana_acevska
    8 anni fa
    Instead of a door from the entry
    How about putting bi fold doors for the entire wall...

That way you have it as a feature when you walk in...
    Place ceiling the floor curtains inside the room which will add a pop of colour to the room and have the TV drop down in front of the curtains to give it a cinema feel inside

That way the room can be open and used as a function room for both children's birthday parties and adults can use the room for cocktail parties
  • silvana_acevska
    8 anni fa
    You can also put bi fold doors on the other wall from the dining too that can open up the whole room and connect with the dining too....
  • susan_66
    8 anni fa

Teenage boys . . . music/TV . . . hmm . . . how about building in some sound proofing? Of course, that probably means you can't have the useful sliding door that others have suggested (is there a way to soundproof that?). And if you have ducted heating/aircon - noise will travel through the ducts too, so that would also waste any other attempts to quieten them down!

• Sarah Shiel
    8 anni fa
    I would move the entrance to the done area with a cavity slide door. It seems most forgot about the sleep. I would place this at the garage wall end. Gives privacy and ensures if the door is left open you are not looking at messy beds with teenage boys. Is this an everyday home? Are they prepared to have a bunk (if holiday home) you can build in storage and desk down here too. Alternatively 2 x single beds could also work. Zone The living/play area down the other end. TV on entrance wall with L shaped lounge. This should not encroach on your doorway. Good luck.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".