Houzz Logo Print
sally_benjamin

I want to black out (my bedroom windows)

From what I've seen in a quick search, roller shades that mount inside windows don't completely block light because the hardware extends slightly past the window sides. The other option is to mount the roller blinds outside of the window rather than inside, so there's overlap. I was thinking of mounting the roller shade inside of an inconspicuous box mounted at the top of each window so I can achieve an overlap without having the rollers visible when I don't want them. My game plan is to keep my current mini-blinds and use the rollers simply to black out the room for sleeping (who puts a master bedroom facing east???? My builder did!). Am I nuts?

Commenti (5)

• miacometlady
    9 anni fa
    I bought black out drapes for my teen from Wal Mart believe it or not because he likes to sleep in a cave. He seems pretty happy and the price was right. They look fine too, not custom made, but they do the trick! Smile.
    Sally Benjamin ha ringraziato miacometlady
  • Sally Benjamin
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

Wow! That's where I'll go first. Great tip. Thank you.

• miacometlady
    9 anni fa
    Target has them too! See pic.
    Sally Benjamin ha ringraziato miacometlady
  • PRO
    KM Interiors
    9 anni fa

Hunter Douglas offers a roller shade with a complete black out edge on it that allows you to created the total darkness that you are looking for.

Sally Benjamin ha ringraziato KM Interiors
  • Sally Benjamin
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa

That's exactly what I need. Thanks for the help. I'll look for it online. :-)

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".