Houzz Logo Print
jharold1234

Tongue and groove ceiling

Josh Harold
11 anni fa
When choosing tongue and groove ceiling how do you determine which orientation to run the boards? Do you run them perpendicular or parallel with the longest run of the room? If you run them perpendicular to the longest run I would think that it would make the room appear wider...? But on the other hand you would have more grooves running parallel which I could see where that would make it feel like there is more depth to it...Wow what a decision!
Kiawah Island Preserve Riverfront · Maggiori informazioni

Commenti (2)

• PRO
    Island Architects
    11 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 11 anni fa
    There are a number of ways to approach this issue but there is no "right" answer: run the boards perpendicular to the joists so you can attach directly to the joists (often we'll be attaching to plywood, so it can go either way), run them the shortest distance to avoid butt joints which can open and look unsightly, run them perpendicular between beams to give the appearance of transfering weight, or whichever way you like best!
  • Josh Harold
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Thanks for your help! Perfect answer.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".