Houzz Logo Print
irah_price

Open shelving in kitchen with soffits?

Irah Price
9 anni fa
So I am currently remodeling my kitchen and am going for the farmhouse look. I really would like open shelving but I have this soffit that I can not get rid of and fear it might look strange. I am going to wood plank the walls and paint them a warmer white and add butcher block countertops but I need advice on what to do with these soffits so it doesn't look awkward. Any suggestions?

Commenti (11)

• Irene Morresey
    9 anni fa
    Some ideas, it will all work out fine
  • houseatthelake
    9 anni fa
    I am sure your shelves will look fine. Are you doing a rustic wood? Have seen some nice ones with black iron shelf mounts. Love!
  • houseatthelake
    9 anni fa
    If you put say a nice tile all way up to soffits think would look great. Do you like subway tile? Maybe some rustic signs antique or hand painted above on your soffit?
  • lucidos
    9 anni fa
    If you use fretwork and/or trim you can make the bulkhead look amazing and perfectly intentional.
  • Irene Morresey
    9 anni fa
    Some more ideas
  • PRO
    Irah Price
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you all so much! I'm gonna look into all of these and I'll send updates!
  • houseatthelake
    9 anni fa
    Yes would like to see when completed!
  • PRO
    Marchi Kitchens
    9 anni fa
    You can incorporate the soffit into your design. Open shelving underneath and possibly vintage postcards framed on the soffit. Here are some photos of rustic/farmhouse open shelving for inspiration:

Style: Country Chic · Maggiori informazioni

Style: Vintage · Maggiori informazioni

Style: New Classic · Maggiori informazioni

Best of luck with the new design!
  • PRO
    Cabinets 4U, Inc.
    9 anni fa

What are the Pros and Cons of open storage? Here is
    a helpful guide: Open
    Storage

• User
    8 anni fa

Irah, I am thinking of doing the same and have the same concerns about my soffit remaining with the open shelving. What did you decide? Could you post pictures if finished? Thank you!!

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".