Houzz Logo Print
jjlv69

Love this floor! Where would I find this??

jjlv69
12 anni fa

Commenti (5)

• PRO
    Gritton & Associates Architects
    12 anni fa
    There are numerous places to get this look... Here is one website that utilizes brick floor tiles, salvaged from old chicago brick. http://www.brick-floor-tile.com/old-chicago-brick.html -- It is just one example.
  • Cathy Flemming
    10 anni fa
    I used Old Chicago brick on three different projects. I purchased thru Arizona Tile.
  • caejoy
    10 anni fa
    What color paint are the "yellow" walls?
  • Heather Ellis
    10 anni fa
    What kind of wood are the cabinets? and finish color? Thanks!
  • decorqueen1
    10 anni fa
    I LOVE this look and I tried to imitate it as best as I could with limited funds.

* I first painted my cabinets a brick red color, and looking back at it (They look great by the way), I would have stripped the stain off the wood and done a red stain and ebony. Red being the base stain and after it dried for at-least a day, VERY lightly in spots rub the ebony stain on and wiping it off to achieve the same look. I kept all the original hardware. I spray painted them a matte black.

* I have a built-in set of drawers that looks like a side-board. It has a custom curio with glass doors above it. I painted it turquoise. Again, I should have done a white-washed look, I didn't. It still looks awesome. I also purchased 2 - 1/2 large stair posts and glued them along each side of the cabinet to sort of mimic the same look in the picture.

* I couldn't afford new counter tops (I have plenty of counter space). They were a very ugly orange laminate with white Nike looking (boomerang) designs throughout. It would've cost me over $3,000 to re-do them. So, I went another very beautiful, inexpensive route.

* I purchased 1/4" thick birch wood, cut to measure the counter-tops and stained them an ebony brown color. The stain was applied and then wiped away, so as to not have a very dark stain. Again, I was trying to mimic the dark stain of the wood counters in the pic. The counter-top over the drawers, I left it raw wood color.

* That's as far as I got in my renovation. I have other ideas to complete my look, but I don't have the funds to complete my look.

* I'm not done yet!! Have much more work to do - clearing away items I don't need, organizing, and finding/making space for stuff I can't get rid of. It's a slow going process. Thanks for reading my comments.

* One more thing - that paint color on the walls looks very similar to the paint color I have on my walls. The color I have is called "Arizona" and I think it is by Behr.

I hope I was of help to you and someone else.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".