Houzz Logo Print
designchallengeddiva

Need help for my new rental house kitchen!

Hi, I just moved into my very first house (so please forgive the clutter and boxes in the photos!) and am in dire need of advice for how to renovate this old kitchen. I'm a renter, so I unfortunately can't paint the cabinets. One of the challenges is working with the beautiful (but somewhat random!) painted tiles above the stove....

Thanks so much in advance from this design-challenged lady!

Commenti (10)

• PRO
    Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
    9 anni fa
    It is not a bad kitchen..........Pretty upscale actually.

Since you can't change the cabinets, which are a bit dated, there isn't much to do with it.........

Looks llke you have a nice stove.........
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
  • PRO
    GN Builders L.L.C
    9 anni fa
    x2 what LDA said...

But if you do decide on doing anything, I would check your lease or talk to you landlord what you can and cannot do and make sure you get it in writing... because when it comes to get your deposit back, some landlords tend to forget what they say.

Enjoy your new place...
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato GN Builders L.L.C
  • lnsail
    9 anni fa
    You could use the colors in the tiles (dark blue?) for your accents such as towels and canisters or pottery bowls.
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato lnsail
  • PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    9 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 9 anni fa
    Isabelle La Rue has some ingenious ideas on how to decorate a rental on her blog, "Engineer Your Space".. http://www.engineeryourspace.com/how-to-decorate-a-kitchen-on-a-budget/
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
  • PRO
    Chicago Renovation & Development
    9 anni fa
    Make sure you get permission from your landlord before you do anything. The lighting is making this room more of a den than a kitchen.
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato Chicago Renovation & Development
  • myrosyannie
    9 anni fa
    I actually almost bought a house with cabinets similar to yours. The owner had painted the oak trim on the cabinets black, then added some great-looking black knobs. She had put up black iron curtain rods and hung red toile window treatments, then added other red accents around the kitchen. It looked fabulous!
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato myrosyannie
  • PRO
    CBNT Co.
    9 anni fa
    You could easily take the doors off one or two of the wall cabinets and keep them in a safe place to replace when you leave. Then I'd put colorful dishes, glasses or bowls on those open shelves. Make them things you use daily for easy use. Also keep countertop clutter to a minimum with one or two nice pieces or fun small appliances on the counter. Like a red and stainless inexpensive toaster from Target.
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato CBNT Co.
  • fissfiss
    9 anni fa
    Saw some fancy wallpaper at Target today, the kind that is like a post it note...maybe try that on some or all go those cabinet fronts? Have no idea what it would cost...
    designchallengeddiva ha ringraziato fissfiss
  • designchallengeddiva
    Autore originale
    9 anni fa
    Thank you all so very much for your excellent suggestions! I am really grateful!
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".