Houzz Logo Print
chelleknel

Trying to decide bathroom cabinet color...having to mix warm & cool colors

Michelle
11 anni fa
I'm doing a very inexpensive bathroom makeover. I hated the wood cabinets, so I painted them white. Now the cabinets stick out like a soar thumb against my cream counter tops. I like cool colors, specifically blues and greys. I painted the walls Behr Ash Violet. I'm hoping to find a shower curtain with some grey & yellow, grey towels. I'd like to paint the cabinets a neutral light grey, but I'm afraid it will clash too much with the counter & tile floors. Any thoughts about the cabinets or anything else? I really appreciate the help!

Commenti (13)

• K B
    11 anni fa
    First, I would add some fun knobs to your cabinet. Second, don't rule out replacing the vanity countertop--cultured marble with an integrated sink is very inexpensive. That said, I think the white looks fine, but if it is really bothering you, you could paint them the same color as your walls or match the paint color to your countertop. Or you could risk painting the insets of the cabinet the grey color and the raised parts the cream color. BUT, if you want to use yellow as an accent color, I would be inclined to minimize the cream color and go with grey for the cabinet.
    Custom Home-Atlanta · Maggiori informazioni

Master Bath Retreat · Maggiori informazioni

Amall of Artsaics's Univo Collection · Maggiori informazioni
  • K B
    11 anni fa
    You could tie all the colors together with your accessories. Also, I would get some really unique knobs, bc you only need two you can splurge a little:
    Gallery Stripe Shower Curtain, Citron · Maggiori informazioni

Tali Bath Mat · Maggiori informazioni

Calico Owl Knob · Maggiori informazioni

Elevated Zinnia Knob  · Maggiori informazioni

• PRO
    Timeless By Color
    11 anni fa
    Great knobs! And don't forget to check out Anthropologie. They have great knobs, and affordable too. I would paint your cabinets a dark gray. That would complement your cream counters and contrast the wall color.
  • K B
    11 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 11 anni fa
    @Timeless--The owl is from Anthropologie and just $12. The 2nd knob is only $8. Talk about bang for your buck!
  • PRO
    Timeless By Color
    11 anni fa
    Oh, cool. lol now I kinda remember that cute owl. So great.....
  • Michelle
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    I love the shower curtains! I think painting the insets grey and getting funky doorknobs, while really cute, may* be a little too eclectic for me. I do love the last two, especially the crystal ones. I was going to go with brushed satin bars...just so everything would match, but I think you may be right about trying something different! Any thoughts on another accent color? Yellow is the only one I can picture for some reason. And KB, you're right...just checked out those marble vanity tops and they are cheap! You guys are great...thanks so much!
  • Keitha
    11 anni fa
    I just replaced some outdated cultured marble vanity tops and what an improvement for minimal cost. I suggest that you paint your vanity about 2 shades darker than your walls. I love to use drapes as shower curtains because they come in a variety of sizes making it possible to hang them higher. Just pop a curtain liner behind the drapes to protect them from moisture .
  • Michelle
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Where's the best place to find an inexpensive marble vanity top, and do I need a splash guard if it's against the wall? I think drapes are a really creative idea...but I'm looking for a curtain to bring in my accent color. Yellow or ?
  • K B
    11 anni fa
    Don't know where least expensive place would be, but I would definitely get a splash guard. If you replace the countertop, you could also use aqua/turquoise, fuschia, orange or lime green as an accent color.
  • Michelle
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Aqua/turquoise is the accent color in my living room...so that could be perfect!
  • Michelle
    Autore originale
    11 anni fa
    Huh. I hate that way too often it takes my seeing something to really get it! lol I like the use of two different panels! Although, I'd have to have a double rod for that.
  • Keitha
    11 anni fa
    True, you would have to get a double rod or 2 tension rods. Just a suggestion????
Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".