Houzz Logo Print
emilyjillfields

Hanging curtains and help with window treatments

Emily Fields
8 anni fa

I have no idea clue when it comes to window treatments. My house is mid-century mod with an eccentric modern funky flair. I need your help. I have 4 areas that need assistance.

1.How do I hang curtains or window treatments for a sliding glass door when there is a beam perpendicular? I know you're supposed to hang the curtain rod just below the
ceiling but this will be impossible.

2. I need advice on
what type of window treatments (if any) to use on three areas: large
kitchen window, large dining room window, bay window.

Please help! I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Commenti (3)

• groveraxle
    8 anni fa

On the slider, hang the curtains a couple inches under the beam. Hang them wide so they just cover the edges of the door especially since you have a pooch that will have to navigate them. Be sure to get washable ones since your pooch's navigation is sure to be shoddy at times.

For your other windows, hang curtains floor to ceiling, but any that are in view of the slider should be hung at the same height as that one.

My preference for bay windows is no curtains. It makes no sense to me to hang curtains on the outside that would close the entire bay, so I prefer shades. You could do romans that coordinate with your curtains, or woven woods.

• PRO
    In Style Modern
    8 anni fa

Hang it under the beam and use curtain rod connectors when
    necessary. For your bay you can use bow curtain.

• Doris Rooley
    6 anni fa
    how do you hang curtains and have them look nice in open concept
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".