Houzz Logo Print
poisedbooks233

Need Help with Redecorating Bedroom!

I'm currently in the process of redecorating a bedroom, the colors for furniture are black, and the color palatte to be used is Black,White,and Gold. I'm wanting the gold to be in the accents. I'm going for a chic,edgy,vintage look. Not sure if that makes since so I posted pictures of inspiration I have to get a general idea of what I'm talking about. I want the room to feel as if you've stepped into another time period, but it's refreshed.

My idea is to make the room seem taller and wider. To have the accents in gold but everyone's telling me it should be the curtains or duvet covers? I'm wanting to paint the room a black/charcoal color with white ceiling,and white trim. The curtains I want to be white curtains because I'm wanting to make the room seem taller, seeing that the ceiling in this bedroom is low.

(accent pieces I love and the inspiration I'm going for that vintage/victorian vibe)
(I'd like the bedding to be set up as in the picture above or similar.)

The floor color I'm not sure yet, but it is wood underneath the laminate I've been told, should I go with a darker stain or keep it lighter? I don't like really light floors and have always been a fan of darker hardwood (dark cherry,deep browns), but I'm feeling the room would be too dark for such a small-mid size bedroom with a darker stain.

Black Walls · Maggiori informazioni

(I like this color black rather than onyx black,I'm not sure what color you'd call this?)

Any suggestions? I'd love any help anyone has or items that could be helpful.

Commenti (12)

• Darzy
    8 anni fa
    Ultima modifica: 8 anni fa

Can you show a photo of the space? Also, it would be helpful to see what furniture, if any, you'd like to work with.

poisedbooks233 ha ringraziato Darzy
  • poisedbooks233
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

@Darzy I don't have any pictures of the room it's currently used as a storage room. But the dimensions is 12X11 and it's 6 foot 2 in height. And I included the pictures of the furniture I'm thinking about using, but I'm also leaning toward just getting a plain bedframe and having a tufted headboard

• Darzy
    8 anni fa

I'd suggest getting a platform bed and no highboy dressers. Since the ceiling is so low, you're best bet is to go low on the furniture to give the feeling of height in the room.

Quincy Platform Bed, Dark Beige, Queen · Maggiori informazioni
    Jeslyn White Modern Bed with Tufted Headboard, Queen Size · Maggiori informazioni
    My Houzz: Feminine Chic Charms in a Chicago Rental · Maggiori informazioni

• Darzy
    8 anni fa

Mixing gold and silver would actually make the space very interesting. Mirrored side tables an also make the room feel larger and reflect more light.

The Olivers House · Maggiori informazioni

poisedbooks233 ha ringraziato Darzy
  • poisedbooks233
    Autore originale
    8 anni fa

I hadn't thought about the silver and gold, thanks for mentioning that! :)

• User
    8 anni fa

Make an accent wall of black with gold stripes as large as the width of your 3 middle fingers. This will heighten the room and make it less dark. The stripes should be on the first wall you see as you open the door. Black floors could be brightened by a rug as colorful as you wish with a vintage look or a solid very light grey with a subtle pattern. The tufted headboard could be black with nail head trim or it could be a vintage look with flowers on a light background. The bedding will be the focus of the room. Mix in some white. The window curtains could have a gold patterned accents on the fabric with gold or silver tie backs.Antique side tables in an off white with gold trim. or silver with mirrored drawers. An antique dressing mirror on a stand that sits on the floor could be silver or gold colored. A small chandelier would not make the room smaller .

• PRO
    NEA Italia
    8 anni fa

Using mirrors will for sure enlarge any room. Wall mirror or mirror on the wardrobe door. If the room is all in black & white, why not considering mirrored frames or white frame on black wall (or vice versa)? For example:

or in silver frame (this one is decorated with leaf silver):

or in case you prefer a more classical look:

Nea Italia

• PRO
    Summer Thornton Design, Inc
    8 anni fa
    Dark always feels cozy and sexy. Can be great for a bedroom. Try 'deep caviar' color from Benjamin Moore if you go that way - beautiful!
  • Maureen
    8 anni fa

The main driver in achieving a chic/edgy/vintage look will be how you accessorize. Genevieve Gorder has decorated her bedroom in this style and notice the combinations of pieces, odd things that don't quite match and layering. I think brass should be brought in by the chandelier and frames and lamps. Use grey on the wall if that's what you want using black and gold in your pillows and art.

• leelee
    8 anni fa

Black walls with white curtains will not look good. It will look harsh--not soft and inviting as a bedroom should be.

The furniture you pictured seems more like Shaker style rather than vintage and certainly not edgy.

You're going for too much. Can you just "settle" for a beautiful bedroom and not think about a theme?

• Darzy
    8 anni fa

Another thing you may consider is paint the ceiling edges the wall color. (tape off about 6" around the edge of the ceiling). It will make the walls seem taller.

Sponsorizzato

Ricarica la pagina per non vedere più questo specifico annuncio

Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".