Houzz Logo Print
pammyspas

Re-do cathedral ceiling living room

pammyspas
8 anni fa
I am changing the paint on the walls to a light grayish green? and also going to paint the fireplace a beigey color and mantel white. In keeping the focal point on the fp should I keep the furniture set up the way it is with TV in the armoire? Or hang TV and get a console table. But I do love the armoire, should i kitty corner it next to fp? But then it will cover some of the window. I have an ugly white ceiling fan with lights, thought of putting a Palm shaped fan without lights. But Then the only lighting in the room will be the sconces on fp and a lamp on cocktail table. Changing window covering to plantation shutters.

Commento (1)

• Nancy Ingram
    8 anni fa
    I think you are right on with paint color but go light. I would not paint the fireplace. What I would do is add a beefier mantle in white. This will help to balance out the fireplace and tie in your plantation shutters. I think your furniture arrangement is good. Leave the armoire. It's almost impossible to mount a tv over fireplace after the fact and then you have to find a home for components unless you get a Smart TV and go wireless. Definitely need a larger and brighter rug. You want to have all the furniture on the rug. I would put floor lamp next to the wood arm chair and a small round table. It sound like you may be going for a tropical vibe, so I would consider doing woven roman shades instead of plantation shutters. I think I am seeing purple so I would add darker window treatments and lighter throw pillows.
Italia
Personalizza la mia esperienza utilizzando cookie

Houzz utilizza cookie e tecnologie simili per personalizzare la mia esperienza, fornire contenuti per me rilevanti e migliorare i prodotti e i servizi di Houzz. Premendo su "Accetta", acconsento all'utilizzo dei cookie, descritto ulteriormente nell'Informativa sui cookie. Posso rifiutare i cookie non necessari cliccando su "Imposta le preferenze".